Blue Devils to do Hamilton

I just saw a Tweet that reads "CONFIRMED: @TheBlueDevils will be doing a "Hamilton" themed show in 2017" Have no idea whether or not "themed" means music from the show, but it could be interesting.

excellent

maybe somebody will finally do in the heights soon, too?

I've thought that "In the Heights" would make a great show, especially as drum corps becomes more racially diverse.

He was kidding. It was because the Blue Devils posted a Tweet that contained Hamilton lyrics.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

I've had this argument a few times, and I'm just not convinced you could make a Hamilton show work on the field.

most of the hip hop numbers aren't musically varied enough to be effective with instruments.

sure there are some good swinging numbers, but they're not so good as to build a show around.

'room where it happens' could really work, and maybe 'ten duel commandments' as a drum feature. 'what'd I miss' would be fun but fills the same flavor slot as 'room,' so I'm not sold.

I think a college band could make a decent showing that would send people into spasms because of the Hype, but I think the music on its own just isn't strong or varied enough.

He was kidding. It was because the Blue Devils posted a Tweet that contained Hamilton lyrics.

I got that Tweet about thirty seconds after it posted and thought I was sharing a hot scoop. Figures.

If we're talking musicals that Haven't Been Done but Have Potential, I'd have a long list before I got to Hamilton, including:

-Scarlet Pimpernel

-Merrily We Roll Along

-Wicked

-In the Heights

-Chicago (has anybody done Chicago? I can't be sure)

and that's just off the top of my head