2017 Show Theme Announcements and Musical Selections

This does make me curious though, what shows from Madison do you feel were designed as "macho-motivated" as the center of the design philosophy?

I mean, 2005 was about a bunch of guys fighting over women. By the end, every female character on the field had died, leaving only the men the survive. That's pretty macho.....

• Like 1

As announced on Reddit,

PIONEER CORPS

Our 56th Season!

For 2017, the Irish go Broadway! The production is called, “Irish 24601.” It is based on the character Jean Valjean from the musical, “Les Miserables.” The rumor is that he was 50% Irish from his mother’s side. The title of our show 24601, was his prisoner number for 19 years.

The well-known musical has been used by several corps and bands, but by using by only a part of it with lots of clever imagination, the corps’ design team plans to make it another audience-pleasing production, Pioneer version.

They then announce their faculty for 2017.

Mods might want to pin the thread. Tis the season.

I hate to say it, but this sounds like a step back from the last two seasons. To add to what another poster mentioned, they have recently been straying away from their Irish roots with the 2015 and 2016 shows and I commend them for that. Now, not only are they doing music that has been done too many times in the marching arts, but they're adding an Irish flavor to it, which doesn't really make any sense. Stating that Valjean was rumored to be part Irish (rather than actually being part Irish) doesn't exactly help the theme. I could very well be wrong, but I don't see this kind of show working out in their favor.

• Like 1

Sorry but I beat you to it...my thread was posted on August 16, 2016 for this purpose.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/165037-2017-programs-playlist/

Very good. No need for two then, but mods have given neither the special placement above the threads. Maybe time to let 2016 go.. .

Edited by xandandl

• 3 weeks later...

In open class Southwind has already announced show and music as well as new uniform design. Also an extended tour. Hope they will be in Michigan City and Indy.

In open class Southwind has already announced show and music as well as new uniform design. Also an extended tour. Hope they will be in Michigan City and Indy.

Are they not an Open Class corps or has something changed? This is a World Class thread and forum.

Are they not an Open Class corps or has something changed? This is a World Class thread and forum.

Just trying to add a little more conversation on an otherwise boring off season. So sorry Mr. DCP police monitor man.

Just trying to add a little more conversation on an otherwise boring off season. So sorry Mr. DCP police monitor man.

I'm sure your drill writer would have a raised eye brow or two because you got bored with the program and marched to your own drummer. :notify:

Oh christ on a ####### pogo stick, give it a rest. You constantly have your one-man pissing contest about drum corps history in virtually every post you make, and yet you feel the need to talk about which forum things should be in. Maybe take your own advice.

It's almost as bad as when you criticize posters for grammar and usage on here, yet do not follow your own rules.

Get over yourself and maybe try to leave others alone, especially when they've done something you do every time you tell us about who knows who, and who went to what high school, and how you know them and helped them, and blah blah blah.

• Like 2

I don'y like your tone. It's making me feel unsafe! How about we jam in E for a few hours and take some doses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxTLW_lgRNE

So long as we follow it with this little gem...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvWADo6KPzA