2017 Show Theme Announcements and Musical Selections

Somebody needs their nose wiped and their diaper changed!

Are they waiting for the judges to finally jump on board and give the Irish themes their just due? No, they're not. They aren't trying to evolve and explore new ideas because they aren't trying to move up and compete. Corps that do compete and try to move up evolve and explore new ideas, because you have to do that in order to stay competitive. Pioneer isn't trying to compete, they seem to be happy with the status quo.

So to those who would complain about Pioneer's choices of show themes, I would assume that the nature of your complaint is that you want to see all corps out there trying to move up and evolve with the activity. Pioneer just isn't that. So there is no reason to complain. You don't have to enjoy their shows, or even watch them or like them. They have the money to tour as a WC corps and that is pretty much the biggest criteria to meet.

What they do for their members goes beyond music and marching, and they seem to put the emphasis on the intangibles rather than points on the board.

Let them do what they want and it doesn't have to affect you.

• Like 1

That time you hop on DCP in the off-season to catch up on the goings-on and escape the bullcrap and bickering of the real world, only to be reminded...

... it's still DCP.

Never change peeps! :P

Just a question:

Any chance this topic could be 'zapped' in order to ONLY show posts with show titles/repertoire instead of all of this BS and complaing and trash talk?

Maybe create a new thread titled "Complaints and other BS about Show Announcements"

Just a question:

Any chance this topic could be 'zapped' in order to ONLY show posts with show titles/repertoire instead of all of this BS and complaing and trash talk?

Maybe create a new thread titled "Complaints and other BS about Show Announcements"

Please see http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/165037-2017-programs-playlist/ :smile:

Fair enough... I mistook the shitposting thread for the actual announcement thread.

My bad.

Edited by Lead

Fair enough... I mistook the shitposting thread for the actual announcement thread.

My bad.

You weren't the only one confused by the title.

Are they waiting for the judges to finally jump on board and give the Irish themes their just due? No, they're not. They aren't trying to evolve and explore new ideas because they aren't trying to move up and compete. Corps that do compete and try to move up evolve and explore new ideas, because you have to do that in order to stay competitive. Pioneer isn't trying to compete, they seem to be happy with the status quo.

So to those who would complain about Pioneer's choices of show themes, I would assume that the nature of your complaint is that you want to see all corps out there trying to move up and evolve with the activity. Pioneer just isn't that. So there is no reason to complain. You don't have to enjoy their shows, or even watch them or like them. They have the money to tour as a WC corps and that is pretty much the biggest criteria to meet.

What they do for their members goes beyond music and marching, and they seem to put the emphasis on the intangibles rather than points on the board.

Let them do what they want and it doesn't have to affect you.

Very well put!!

And let me ask this of the folks who think a corps should not play a certain genre/type of music,

'Why hasn't the Santa Clara Vanguard played the music of Stan Kenton or Charlie Parker'? Why does SCV almost always play classical music?

And why hasn't BAC done a show on the music of Boston?? This is what boggles my mind!

I'm with you on this one!!!!!

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1