Isn't is time for the 2017 schedule to be released?

I did not know that....how is the neighborhood there now?...I had to duck a flying beer bottle the last time I was there...broken glass bottles everywhere...it was wicked scary dump then...

The neighborhood wasn't really a problem. They also has a minor league baseball team playing next doo, so it has always been relatively safe. The stadium itself was bad. Lousy acoustics, below the Logan Airport flight path, absolutely gross bathrooms, concessions...what concessions? No parking for patrons, no parking for corps. No warm up sites close by. Now the stadium is much better but the surrounding area not much different, same issues with parking, warm ups. And it is Lynn Lynn the city of sin, never go out the way you came in.

The neighborhood wasn't really a problem. They also has a minor league baseball team playing next doo, so it has always been relatively safe. The stadium itself was bad. Lousy acoustics, below the Logan Airport flight path, absolutely gross bathrooms, concessions...what concessions? No parking for patrons, no parking for corps. No warm up sites close by. Now the stadium is much better but the surrounding area not much different, same issues with parking, warm ups. And it is Lynn Lynn the city of sin, never go out the way you came in.

I remember the corps always sounding louder at MB.

How often do corps change housing sites year to year? Me and my friend are planning on going to DCI East this year and want to go watch a corps reherse, can I go off of where corps were last year to see what corps might be rehearsing near us?

How often do corps change housing sites year to year? Me and my friend are planning on going to DCI East this year and want to go watch a corps reherse, can I go off of where corps were last year to see what corps might be rehearsing near us?

That really depends 100% on the TEP's housing arrangements. I'd contact the show directly on their website Q&A.

Allentown schools are never a constant housing situation due to construction, closures, and corps (like Crown) getting too popular and needing bigger space than the jr. high they traditionally used.

Depending on the season, some corps want the privacy to complete changes.

Corps like Cadets and Crown have been housing a one school and practicing in a different town/city (Crown using UPenn's Franklin Field in Filly and Cadets practicing in Bethlehem but sleeping at the college down the road from J. Birney Crum); these are but examples.

• 1 month later...

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but the western schedule (particularly the non-California western schedule) just gets more and more disappointing every year.  No SCV or Phantom in Ogden or Denver?  Last year BD skipped those shows.  Really makes it difficult for someone like me, who is just a fan with no real direct ties to the activity, to want to stay invested.  Every show I've been to in Ogden has been packed (bigger crowds than shows I've been to on the east coast).  Sad that DCI doesn't seem to care about keeping those fans.

2 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but the western schedule (particularly the non-California western schedule) just gets more and more disappointing every year.  No SCV or Phantom in Ogden or Denver?  Last year BD skipped those shows.  Really makes it difficult for someone like me, who is just a fan with no real direct ties to the activity, to want to stay invested.  Every show I've been to in Ogden has been packed (bigger crowds than shows I've been to on the east coast).  Sad that DCI doesn't seem to care about keeping those fans.

I'm not exactly happy for the northeastern schedule this season either...due to a couple corps who decided to be bitter I shall not mention here...Fortunate though for me I live close enough to Cadet territory...Allentown is about 2 1/2 hours out...and that a few of their shows are going to be near my area...Harrison's red-bull stadium show is actually the closest a show has been to me since Boston stopped hosting their Bridgeport CT show several years ago...it's just a mere 25 minute drive by car...thank you George!!!!

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I'm not exactly happy for the northeastern schedule this season either...due to a couple corps who decided to be bitter I shall not mention here...Fortunate though for me I live close enough to Cadet territory...Allentown is about 2 1/2 hours out...and that a few of their shows are going to be near my area...Harrison's red-bull stadium show is actually the closest a show has been to me since Boston stopped hosting their Bridgeport CT show several years ago...it's just a mere 25 minute drive by car...thank you George!!!!

I'm not sure that they're being bitter if these nameless corps are skipping a show one day to drive a few hundred miles to an arguably more important one the very next day. If I remember right, it's one nameless corps' home show? :)

• Like 1