Spirit of Atlanta to march Adams Brass in 2017

Pearl/Adams is proud to announce a new agreement with Spirit of Atlanta Drum & Bugle Corps for the exclusive use of Adams Marching Brass with Pearl and Adams Percussion instruments through the 2021 DCI season. This new agreement extends the established partnership of Pearl and Adams Percussion instruments with Spirit since 2006 to include Adams Marching Brass.

More at: http://spiritdrumcorps.org/2016/11/16/6383/

No more Kanstul horns?!

:(

Looks like it. I kinda liked Spirit's sound on those horns. Even #TheWife noticed the difference and she plays clarinet.

No more Kanstul horns?!

:(

I was disappointed when Boston and Phantom went to Jupiter from King...I'm happy now Boston is with Yamaha...and I think Phantom is now back to King? I would be ecstatic if Boston used Andalucia Bb sopranos !!!!

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

I was disappointed when Boston and Phantom went to Jupiter from King...I'm happy now Boston is with Yamaha...and I think Phantom is now back to King? I would be ecstatic if Boston used Andalucia Bb sopranos !!!!

I would be ecstatic if a corps used valve-rotor G bugled - even for just a bit. But ain't gonna happen....

Looks like it. I kinda liked Spirit's sound on those horns. Even #TheWife noticed the difference and she plays clarinet.

Is this a sponsor thing? Are they getting to use the Adams horns at a discount and banking the money they can get for the Kanstul inventory?

Is this a sponsor thing? Are they getting to use the Adams horns at a discount and banking the money they can get for the Kanstul inventory?

I wish I knew. I'm not as connected with SOA as I used to be. Maybe some others more in the know can comment.

I would be ecstatic if a corps used valve-rotor G bugled - even for just a bit. But ain't gonna happen....

Why would they? Anything those instruments can do can be done better by a more modern instrument, and the corps wouldn't be able to sell the horns off afterwards. Who would want them?

Talked to the Adams rep at Finals. He told me they were in discussion with a few corps to sign contracts upon completion of current ones. Clearly Spirit was the first one whose contract was up.

As much as I actually find Adams to be decent playing horns, it is a step backwards from Kanstul. They weren't the best hornline the past few seasons, but the depth of sound and tone color they had simply wasn't had by any of the Yamaha or Jupiter corps.

• Like 1