Congratulations to DCI's newest World Class corps!

Nice visit from Dan Acheson at the Genesis audition camp last weekend. He really did a nice job fielding questions from the 400 or so youth that were there.

http://www.flomarching.com/article/49589-exclusive-interview-with-dci-s-dan-acheson?utm_campaign=General&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=Article&utm_term=DanAcheson121816

He also showed up at the Crossmen camp, but didn't talk with the group.

And...? How did it go for the kid?

Mike

Cut. More than a little disappointing...

Plus, 22 hours to get home from SA. Cancelled Chicago flight left him sleeping on a cot in the terminal so, at least, he was used to it by then.

Interesting at camp: They shut the showers off on Friday night and left the security lights on in the gym all night. Then, on Saturday, both the showers and the lights go "magically" fixed.

I'm pretty sure those were planned events...

He has one more chance this year, then he might just take his tour money and go jaunt around Europe for a few weeks...

I'm only half-kidding...

The youth were cheeky. One question from the crowd - "how can a corps win 3 captions yet not win the title...?" Made everyone laugh.

It was a good weekend overall. The talent level has definitely taken a leap forward, and from what I've heard, the show is going to be another intense ride.

(My daughter got cut; there's a ton of competition for horn spots this year and not a lot of openings. She's going to try Guardians in January next.)

Mike

Good seeing you again Mike. I agree that some of the questions were abit cheeky (like who is your favorite corps, etc), but I think he did a good job engaging the members and keeping it positive.

Interesting seeing the audition results come out. A lot of vets there this weekend, even sone back from previous years, but a lot of them got callbacks, not contracts. The Genesis staff is being very choosy I think. But great seeing the high number of returning vets and large numbers of new folks giving them a try.

Cut. More than a little disappointing...

Plus, 22 hours to get home from SA. Cancelled Chicago flight left him sleeping on a cot in the terminal so, at least, he was used to it by then.

Interesting at camp: They shut the showers off on Friday night and left the security lights on in the gym all night. Then, on Saturday, both the showers and the lights go "magically" fixed.

I'm pretty sure those were planned events...

He has one more chance this year, then he might just take his tour money and go jaunt around Europe for a few weeks...

I'm only half-kidding...

That's really too bad. Looking at Legends? (Home of Bell's Brewery, which is a huge plus!)

MikeN and WaxDCIfan, it was good to see both of you. I really enjoyed the weekend. I cant wait for this years tour and the years to come.

What is it??? I can't load it right now

I can name that tune in one note! :tounge2: