Congratulations to DCI's newest World Class corps!

Personal opinion: I feel like in order to go to world, you need to win open. Congrats to genesis though.

Respectfully disagree. If a corps has the financial/organizational structure to take on World Class (and if they've demonstrated enough consistency in Open Class), let 'em.

For the past four seasons, Genesis finished 3rd/4th in Open Class Finals. They've also made the top 25 cut for semis each time. Moving to WC will help them in recruiting, and DCI gains another potential powerhouse based in TX.

There will be some new faces coming to Open Class Finals this year, so the division will be fine.

• Like 1

Also worth noting that Genesis' shows as of late have been more challenging than either of the feeder corps'. Makes it harder to score higher in a division where less experienced judges value cleanliness over difficulty.

I didnt think about that

Also worth noting that Genesis' shows as of late have been more challenging than either of the feeder corps'. Makes it harder to score higher in a division where less experienced judges value cleanliness over difficulty.

i wouldnt call the OC judges slate less experienced

i wouldnt call the OC judges slate less experienced

Indeed. If those are less experienced then what the hell am I as someone who will be looking for teaching jobs in the near future.

D:

Genesis has had the shows the last two years to compete with BDB and SCVC. But they haven't been able to reign them in during the final weeks of the season in terms of cleanliness and performance quality. That is where BDB and SCVC have the other OC corps. They are a noticeable step up in presence and performance quality. It's not a conspiracy, it's not fixed, they're just not clean enough yet.