2017 Colts

18699811_934481031021_227286415399492557

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Since last November, when I subscribed to FloMarching's BOA Grand Nationals livestream, I get regular emails from them.

Today they sent one with the subject line "Colts Baseline Throws Down".

Spelled just like that.

Do Colts refer to their basses as bases?

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Since last November, when I subscribed to FloMarching's BOA Grand Nationals livestream, I get regular emails from them.

Today they sent one with the subject line "Colts Baseline Throws Down".

Spelled just like that.

Do Colts refer to their basses as bases?

Flomarching doesn't know how to write articles. They caused big drama in the winter with a post about Onyx. 

• Like 2

On the topic of FloMarching... was ESPN what it is now when it first started? Give it a chance to grow, evolve, and improve, my goodness...

• 4 weeks later...

I had to dig back way too many pages to find their thread.  

:/

I really loved the show tonight, maybe not quite as solid yet as last year at this time performance wise but I love what they're doing in terms of just straight up beautiful musical moments in the opener and ballad and the usage of color is outstanding, some of my favorite this year.  So glad they have some great looking props this year.  I love love loved the opener and the the full unison flag moment in the ballad gave me goosebumps!  Trombone soloist was awesome too.  Looking forward to seeing this one clean up because I think it's just a gorgeous show.  

• Like 2

I have to say this is my least favorite show from Colts since the early 90s. Music is nice, and there are some nice visual moments, but as a whole this show is extremely boring and slow moving. After being embarrassed last year getting beat by Blue Devils B, I really had hoped they would come out kicking and screaming to try to make finals this year. Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised to see them slip a couple of placements this year at Indy. I really hope they can turn this ship around, but it probably won't happen until next year. Too many of the other corps in their grouping have really amazing shows this season.

3 minutes ago, MisterA said:

I have to say this is my least favorite show from Colts since the early 90s. Music is nice, and there are some nice visual moments, but as a whole this show is extremely boring and slow moving. After being embarrassed last year getting beat by Blue Devils B, I really had hoped they would come out kicking and screaming to try to make finals this year. Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised to see them slip a couple of placements this year at Indy. I really hope they can turn this ship around, but it probably won't happen until next year. Too many of the other corps in their grouping have really amazing shows this season.

I think this is extremely harsh.  I just watched the show.  I think it is a little rough right now (recording was by an amp so I didnt get the best listening experience), but its a good show in the making.  Once it gets clean I disagree, I actually think it is a finalist contender, and the show itself seems very demanding.

1 minute ago, BoaDci said:

I think this is extremely harsh.  I just watched the show.  I think it is a little rough right now (recording was by an amp so I didnt get the best listening experience), but its a good show in the making.  Once it gets clean I disagree, I actually think it is a finalist contender, and the show itself seems very demanding.

I realize it probably did seem harsh. I am just extremely disappointed in their show. I have really enjoyed Colts, even before they made finals in the early 90s. Fun corps, fun shows, performance level not always the best, but entertaining to watch. This year I don't really feel any of that. Yes there are some very nice moments in the show, but for the most part the show is bland, and the vocals don't work very well. The soloist has a nice voice, but it just doesn't quite fit into the show very well. Again this is just my opinion. I don't think even clean this show is going to even come close to making finals this year. They are definitely not on the level of anyone who made finals last year, and with Madison and Mandarins improving so much over last year, i think 15th would be the highest possible placement, and that is not counting Blue Devils B, Vanguard Cadets, Troopers and Oregon Crusaders(who I have heard some amazing things coming out of their camp)

To me Colts this year seem to have crossed styles of Blue Knights and Glassmen, but the staff just isn't quite as great as those staffs were, and it has fallen flat. The kids are doing a very good job with what they have been handed, but I don't think the total package will carry them very far compared to other corps. Again, I really hope they prove me wrong, I would love to see Colts back in finals again, but I would guarantee it won't be this year.

• 2 weeks later...