2017 Seattle Cascades

26 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

OH MY GOD! What a huge step up they took this year!!!!!!!!

I've been heavy on the Cascades band wagon since 2014 when they started their #newcascades movement and have been so so so dedicated to building a terrific staff that stays, building numbers, producing a smarter design every season, and just plain getting better while laying a fantastic base. The sky is truly the limit for this corps. Take note, anyone else who this might happen to: THIS IS HOW TO REBUILD A CORPS!

Seriously. Is it even possible to believe that this is the corps that fielded 6 or 7 guard members in 2013, didn't break a 70 all season in 2012, and had to go inactive for a year in 2008?!?! Wow. Four years of solid growth and they're rewarded with another show that will be super audience friendly and will jump them in end-of-season placement and numbers for the fourth year in a row.

I too have been on the hype train for them since 2014, when I saw them in Denver that year, even as teeny as they were, something special was starting.  Glad to see others hopping on!  

2 hours ago, Jake W. said:

Rewatching the preview show a couple times today. Who is their music arranger???? The combination of Sia's Bird Set Free & Shosti 10 is pretty brilliant and fresh. I like it a lot.

Lewis Norfleet is the brass arranger. He's also the Artistic Director.

Micah Brusse is the percussion arranger.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

From another thread about voice overs:

"After seeing Cascades, I think they fit into this discussion as example of weak fidelity and production value of a voice over. I do like the show and think they are much better this year. I don't think they need to rethink using the voice over, but I do hope this version is filler for now and they find someone who can help produce a much more believable and professional voice over."  

Please consider that the voice over is an issue. A big one for me at least. Other than that, congrats on stepping up and a great product for 2017. 

I'm so proud and excited for the Seattle Cascades this year; they have made a huge step up! I can't wait to see where they go, not just this year, but next. Adding Micah was huge for them, I can see; the drumline has taken a huge step forward.

Side note: How do I find out where they are staying when they are in Denton on 7/20?

• 2 weeks later...

CASCADES! I know the last week since DATR probably hasn't seen the score bumps you would like to see, but don't lose heart. You've been the first to start the shows and haven't had any close competitors (other than Genesis at one show), so I expect the score to be a little more accurate at SA with Pio & Surf below you and Genesis around you, Spirit/OC/PC right after you.

Watched a periscope from last night and confidence levels seem to be greatly improved from DATR just a week ago. As i've said relentlessly, it's a terrific show design --- just need to keep polishing it up at this point. Love that the corps is incorporating higher demand levels yet again this year. Keep pushing!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jake W. said:

CASCADES! I know the last week since DATR probably hasn't seen the score bumps you would like to see, but don't lose heart. You've been the first to start the shows and haven't had any close competitors (other than Genesis at one show), so I expect the score to be a little more accurate at SA with Pio & Surf below you and Genesis around you, Spirit/OC/PC right after you.

Watched a periscope from last night and confidence levels seem to be greatly improved from DATR just a week ago. As i've said relentlessly, it's a terrific show design --- just need to keep polishing it up at this point. Love that the corps is incorporating higher demand levels yet again this year. Keep pushing!

OC goes on before Cascades and Genesis both.  They are right after Surf.

Just now, luv4corps said:

OC goes on before Cascades and Genesis both.  They are right after Surf.

I more was referring to competitively, but didn't word it correctly and it sounded like I was referring to performance order : ) sorry about that!

• Like 1