Do You Remember .......

Funny, our open in '81 was Conquest, which is a Boston Crusaders classic. Maybe our founders were channeling the Crusaders, and maybe that's why I love Boston so much today. LOL We shared a gym floor with the Madison Scouts in '81 or '82, on a Texas tour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Northern Thunder said:

Am I remembering correctly that James Curnow was on the Imperial Guard staff back then??

I don't know. I've heard the name, but I don't know if there is an IG connection. I didn't march their 1st year. I do know we had some talented people behind us like, Larry Kerchner, who wrote Emerald Eyes for us, Tom Roe, who wrote our drill designs, and George Tuthill, who handled our percussion arrangements.

Tom Roe wanted the horns and guard to cartwheel onto the 50, and then fall back into each others arms, like a zipper.  We tried it a few times before it was nixed from the show. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Joined one of many 'C' Corps in a very active Drum Corps community...great feeder corps for 27-BAC. Same year in 1967 managed to see BAC at one of our shared contests... heard that brass book, saw that  tight and bad-###ed drill/ CG,  and jaw dropped over their very talented trend-setting drumline...fell in love.

Three years later walking my dog on a beach and heard 'Conquest' and 'Promises Promises' across the (Boston) Harbor...joined a few months later...never looked back.

• Like 1