How did you get involved with drum corp?

Linda, always loved going to The Golden Triangle Invitational in Kitchener-Waterloo and seeing all the corps, especially the "C" and "D" corps. Ventures were one of those little corps as were Dutchboy. There were a ton of them! I think at one show my corps and Bluecoats were the only 2 American corps there.We spent a lot of summers in Canada going up against Krescendos, Princemen, Etobicoke Crusaders, Flying Dutchmen, Precious Blood Cardinals, etc.Also remember having to borrow a soprano from a Seneca Princemen for a show as mine broke....it belonged to a young man who had a hook. Very nice young man from what I remember.

I remember thar year, 1975. Art was the hook guy. He had played in Delasalle the year before, played the solo in Meadowlands

There were also the Ambassadors, the Markham Villiagares, st johns girls. In the 70s it was busy. By 1980 they had all pretty much folded

• 2 years later...

I was ten years old. My Father was slowly dying from cancer and my mother thought I needed an activity that took me out of the house a few days a week. My uncle was involved in the local D&B corps so he took me there one day. I was always kinda shy but he talked me into joining. Before I knew it I was going home with a soprano horn. I ended up marching for 10 seasons (1959-1969). I got pretty good as a horn player and was the corps very first soloist. Drum corps has always been, and will always be, in my mind and in my heart.

When I was about 7 or 8 I was riding my bike and heard drums playing. I rode in the direction of the sound and discovered this "band" marching in the street (practicing). Cut to June 1971 and I had started to play trumpet and I wanted to join. My dad talked to the director and was told to go to the fire hall on a Tuesday, which I did and they gave me a brass Getzen V/P soprano and a uniform. I was hooked! Interesting that during the first rehearsal the Director was let go and a new director put in his place and I have been a long time friend of his ever since!