DCA Rules Congress

As a trombone player early on in my musical career, I'm glad that when I joined the Buccaneers I had to learn to play a valved instrument. Without that mandate I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the musical diversity I have now with the amount of instruments I feel comfortable playing. Now this does open up opportunities for players like me who never played a valved instrument before, but I personally am glad I was forced to learn something new.

Edited by CorpsBuff
  • Like 3

now, how about getting a few trombone lines in there.

I wish I could hire the entire Blue Devils 'bone line from 2016. LOL. Those guys were awesome!!!

• Like 1

French Horns=Beautiful. Football field=meh

Trombones=Awesome. Marching with them, Not so much.

Sousaphones, Look nice, Sousa is my hero. Tubas on a shoulder are better.

With this in mind , I kinda agree with cixelsyd.

$hlt........there goes the show concept. "Stellar Polka Hits of Lawrence Welk, You Polka--You Broughtha".

Myron Floren would be proud. LOL

Seriously.... if there is such a thing as a virtuoso on that instrument, Myron Floren was it. Great player.

Edited by Fran Haring

Myron Floren would be proud. LOL

Seriously.... if there is such a thing as a virtuoso on that instrument, Myron Floren was it. Great player.

Fran would approve of Art Van Damme, I'll bet.

Still, as Pepe would say, "Did ya ever win da Dream?"

I never met an instrument I didn't like, but I really don't want to meet all of them on the field. For me, the real musical challenge in Drum Corps has always been to create great sounds with brass and percussion.

• Like 4

C'mon Fran you're from Joisey... New Years Day at Phila-ma-del-phia wit da Mummers.....

At least I remember accordions way back when...

Trombones? Long story of college band camp when we did a squad drill based on shouted commands. Trombones were split and facing each other. Then we heard "about face".. End result 5 damaged horns and the only guys who ducked really good were myself and a Finleyville Royal Crusader. IOW the 2 corps guys had clear heads...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

C'mon Fran you're from Joisey... New Years Day at Phila-ma-del-phia wit da Mummers.....

We used to pick up the New Year's Day parade on a Philly TV station from time to time. The reception wasn't great where we lived in central NJ... it often involved the old "aluminum foil on the antenna" thing to try for a better signal. :tongue:

I love Mummers bands. But trying to explain them to people who are not from the Philly/NJ area... not easy. LOL

• Like 2