Electronics, Costumes, Tarps, and Props...

One large difference between is the enormous media visibility football has versus drum corps. There mere availability of football all over the place on TV and online makes it much easier to retain fans.

Gotta up that visibility among the alumni community. Marketing idea: every age out receives a free lifetime membership to the DCP forums.

Actually, you want drum corps that stopped changing at some point in time where you think it went too far.

Oh boy, someone else telling me what I want. You were no more accurate than the previous person attempting to speak on my behalf.

However, that is a very personal decision. People said that adding contra and mello voices ruined the pure drum corps sound and turned it into band. BAC was forced to remove their orchestra bells in 69 at VFW Nats. Scouts, Cavies and Cadets themed shows in 71 fostered a t-shirt about drum corps dying. Bayonne ruined drum corps when the donned the banana unis to some...etc....

Yet here I am, still enjoying drum corps with (and because of) all those changes you listed.

Opposing one specific change is not the same thing as opposing all change. Amazing how often this forum requires a reminder about that.

Opposing one specific change is not the same thing as opposing all change. Amazing how often this forum requires a reminder about that.

Exactly!

• Like 1

People in Hawaii must LOVE marching band it seems...

I find it amazing that OC16 Sports "Oceanic Time Warner Cable" can play a 4 1/2 hour LIVE broadcast of 14 marching bands in competition and we can't even get anything for drum corps on LIVE TV at all...NOT EVEN HIGHLIGHTS...it's really sad...maybe we should hold DCI championships in Hawaii...it sure would get better coverage there!!!!

...and hello there BRASSO brotha :smile:

WHISKEY BRAVO!!!

I must learn to limit limit my comments on here to one posting a month, or else there is the apparent capacity to drive the numbers of off season daily DCP posters on here from 23 to 17. So see y'all next month or so.

Edited by BRASSO

One thing that Dan Acheson told the Genesis kids the other day that did resonate with me (and forgive me in advance if I'm breaking some kind of unwritten NDA) is that one of the most exciting things for him is that DCI is going to become whatever those current MM's make it, and he always looks forward to that, no matter what it is.

Mike

This is from warmups, not their field performance. Check out their cam videos, and you will see how bad it was. Major intonation problems, which from the stands wasn't as noticeable with the synth blaring over it. They definitely were one of the worst of the top 12 hornlines in 2015. This year their hornline was much improved. Again, nowhere near the design level of other top 6, but hornline was much better.

There's rehearsal footage on the move in the video. But your mind is clearly already made up -- just thought others might like to see "how bad it was".

Don't run afoul of the new Sheriff in Town, as reports are that he's relentless :

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/portrait-female-prisoner-old-west-36913227.jpg

Edited by BRASSO

To me, the key is that the average tenure of a marcher used to be longer than the fan lifespan is today. Good luck to anyone trying to defend how we got there.

agreed kids did march longer in DCI.

Now many do DCA, then DCI, then go back to DCA