Electronics, Costumes, Tarps, and Props...

One thing that Dan Acheson told the Genesis kids the other day that did resonate with me (and forgive me in advance if I'm breaking some kind of unwritten NDA) is that one of the most exciting things for him is that DCI is going to become whatever those current MM's make it, and he always looks forward to that, no matter what it is.

Mike

and it took me a while, but i'm fully onboard with that philosophy. todays marcher could be tomorrows designer.

Opposing one specific change is not the same thing as opposing all change. Amazing how often this forum requires a reminder about that.

One specific change? Here is the post I commented on...

"Sorry, but I am part of the audience, and I do not want those things. Neither do the audiences around me that I speak to. We want drum corps (brass and percussion and motion on a field). If we just wanted stuff on screens, we have screens at home, and bigger ones in theaters. There are plenty of closer and more comfortable settings to find smoke and lasers when we want them. When we go to a drum corps show, we want drum corps. We want drum corps badly enough that we are willing to put up with all the other garbage thrust upon us "

You posting history is pretty clear that you are not enamored with drum corps of today in many ways. This was not your first post ever talking about what you do not like, and comparing it to sometime in the past.