Electronics, Costumes, Tarps, and Props...

I haven't been critical in a while so I'll chime in a bit....

I am of the belief that 'Less is Definitely More' in drum corps. I absolutely hate the fact that most corps have full time synth players, use mic's for solos (a lot of times the exact same reverb effect) and many other elements that are there for the sake of being there. Does every show call for all these elements? I would say no. It's the overuse and abuse that bothers me the most. Especially the 'Bass synth' note at the end of musical phrases, songs and shows. So unmusical and unneeded (And out of balance most often).

where in this mission statement do corps see the need to use all kinds of non-traditional drum corps musical elements to meet the goals of the mission statement?

"...to provide a life changing experience for youth through the art of marching music performance."

ok...I feel better now....... :)

Where does it say one can't?

• Like 1

It would certainly be taken to yet another level.

Man...Bobby Hoffman would have been like a kid in a candy store with this stuff. LOL

• Like 2

as drum corps has shown many times, frosting comes and goes in terms of how much is applied, and the same will be seen here. Blue changed the game in 14 in terms of how electronics can be used, and keep tweaking it, and others dabble, some well, not some well. But I don't feel it's reached overkill. let's be honest, last year the biggest mid show cheer was produced simply by winking into a camera.

I'm like 95% sure that camera used electronics. :silly:

Maybe it got stale in the US with the same ole music,not progressive, relying on the same type of audience.hmmmmm

As I stated earlier, BLAST! is alive and well. They just completed a tour in Japan with an entire new show based on the music of Disney.

The members who perform now days are doing what they like. If they enjoy performing their show then I enjoy watching it. Sure there are aspects of certain shows I do not like but in the end if they enjoy performing it then it is great for them. Just a while ago I was watching 79 Guardsmen and then was watching 2016 Blue Knights. I love both cry much.

• Like 1