Kidsgrove Scouts Return To DCA In 2017

Paul Revere may have said â The British Are Coming â, however Drum Corps Associates can say that the Kidsgrove Scouts from Staffordshire, United Kingdom, are returning this season for the fourth time ! Established in 1910, the Scouts will be arriving here on August 21st and this season they will be competing on August […]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2016/12/kidsgrove-scouts-return-to-dca-in-2017/

• Like 1

I love the fact that this corps comes to the states, spending a great deal of money just to compete at DCA. I LOVE Kidsgrove!!!!

• Like 1

Who is more excited us or you? ;)

I am of course very biased but the show is taking shape very nicely...I don't normally get goosebumps in November!

Also we'll be heading to the Reading show this year for a change, we have loved performing at Bridgeport but wanted to try something different out.

Love seeing corps from Europe come to the states. I taught a corps in Germany and also judged a few shows and was impressed with what they were doing. Also loved the southern corps and Mid West corps traveling to the northeast to compete against those corps. I do remember Rochester Crusaders wanted to travel to Orlando for a show but many members bawked at it and it never happened. I think having some northeast corps competing out of the area would have been good for the corps in Florida and Georgia.

• Like 1

http://www.vfoutletcenter.com/

I think this change up is a great idea... BUT should warn our Brit friends to guard those credit cards as Reading is the Factory Outlet Capital of the world... SERIOUS shopping will be especially tempting to all your friends traveling with you... see the link above...

Yay K S!!!

Can your team and C V not go on back to back. It made my eyes crazy a couple of years ago! :smile:

• Like 1

Just home from rehearsal (I'm unfortunately not on the field this season)...

All I can say is two things...

1... You are in for a serious treat. THis corps and show is good.

2. Refer to #1... this corps is good. They are not just coming to participate, rather compete.

Merry Christmas all!

• Like 2

Tom,

I believe the corps will be visiting Seneca Falls again next year, in 2015 we raided the outlet village there. I couldn't believe the difference in prices, we all spent a small fortune there that day...my only regret was that I didn't get more!

Happy Holidays to you and the family, hope you are all well.

http://www.vfoutletcenter.com/

I think this change up is a great idea... BUT should warn our Brit friends to guard those credit cards as Reading is the Factory Outlet Capital of the world... SERIOUS shopping will be especially tempting to all your friends traveling with you... see the link above...

Tom,

I believe the corps will be visiting Seneca Falls again next year, in 2015 we raided the outlet village there. I couldn't believe the difference in prices, we all spent a small fortune there that day...my only regret was that I didn't get more!

Happy Holidays to you and the family, hope you are all well.

When I was in England everything seemed to be quite a bit higher priced. However the shop clerks noticed that I was much to good looking to be English and gave me certificates for refunds of the VAT. It came out to something like 25 to 30% of the price of everything I bought there and I got the money at the airport before I left. the only thing that they didn't refund the VAT on was my QPR jersey. Apparently there was no value added on that.