Traditions?

...and not one mention of the "A" part in any of their official documents. At shows, always announced as "Boston Crusaders." Website...all about Boston Crusaders. Parent org (Inspire Arts) doesn't use it either. It's best if we just stopped using it, since the org doesn't use it either.

It is well known for DECADES of marching members as much as spoolie and SUTA...give me a break

Edited by Liahona

Why is it best? Are people involved not happy with its use? Just curious.

Cuz it has no meaning to the current vision of the org? I dunno, just noting the org's complete lack of use. Maybe it has lots of internal tradition, thus members keep it alive.

:sarcasm: Yep that's right...complete LACK of use...

#BAC

I found this 2014 PUBLIC video...that uses #BAC a lot...I can cite hundreds more btw...

#2 - Waldo
The Boston Crusader's symbol is King Richard's split-tailed lion. Affectionately known as "Waldo", the lion can be seen on all of the corps' vehicles, on the corps members' jackets, on corps merchandise, and as tattoos on many members and alumni of the Crusaders.

Gil MacDonald used the Lowenbrau Beer logo in the early 60's when he drew up Waldo. https://www.google.com/search?q=Lowenbrau+photos&biw=1600&bih=770&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimktDw-fbQAhXBp5QKHV3WDHgQ7AkIQA

King Richards's Crest. https://www.google.com/search?q=King+Richard%27s+lion+crest&biw=1600&bih=770&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPuKuz-vbQAhWGFpQKHc0UATIQ7AkIMQ

Why is it best? Are people involved not happy with its use? Just curious.

Yeah it seems at worst people could call BAC a cool 'nickname' for the corps: like a Cleveland Indians fan might call them The Tribe even though there are likely no mentions of that designation on their MLB website. Who cares if fans or alumni want to call their favorite corps by a nickname they like?

...and not one mention of the "A" part in any of their official documents. At shows, always announced as "Boston Crusaders." Website...all about Boston Crusaders. Parent org (Inspire Arts) doesn't use it either. It's best if we just stopped using it, since the org doesn't use it either.

What about calling The Cadets "Garfield? Is that still allowed?