new release comments

corpsband

can't seem to to tell the editor to display to bbcode source of post.   wysiwyg editor invariably mess up -- seeing and editing the message source is a valuable tool.  can we get that button re-enabled?

also seem to be missing the image button but i see that the simply pasting the url into the editor creates an instant embed.  nice!

rIpg7YG.jpg

Edited by corpsband

It appears that BBCode is going the way of the Dodo, as Invision has been trying to move everything towards HTML.  They say they've spent a lot of time working on the 'Editor Experience' and from what I've seen, they have.  The content parser will continue (for some unspecified amount of time) to render BBCode, if it is embedded in the content - but the Editor produces HTML format tags - not BBCode.  While I don't have the details on the internal workings of the conversion/upgrade process ... I suspect one of the things it is doing is replacing BBCode tags in a given post with their HTML equivalents, to ensure future compatibility.

NOTE: This post includes HTML tags inserted by using the format buttons above ... and manually-entered BBCode (italics format)

Welcome to my world John. Have to rewrite two older applications for the Navy because the provider of the software we use is selling it to a company overseas. No idea if the soon to be new owner will keep providing service or start charging up the tail prices to maintain (had that before). Working IT 35+ years nw and keep re-inventing myself every couple of years.

On 12/28/2016 at 9:12 AM, corpsband said:

can't seem to to tell the editor to display to bbcode source of post.   wysiwyg editor invariably mess up -- seeing and editing the message source is a valuable tool.  can we get that button re-enabled?

also seem to be missing the image button but i see that the simply pasting the url into the editor creates an instant embed.  nice!

Very cool!  Great upgrade!