The Academy's soloist

24 minutes ago, rr4353 said:

no need to single out this one marcher! This happens all the time, and is nothing new.

Agreed.

29 minutes ago, rr4353 said:

Not that this forum has much bearing on the current corps members since they're warned to stay away from this site, 

Warned by whom?...sounds like just a blanket statement...Is that academy's policy?

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Who said it couldn't be a double?

Or a triple ?

1 hour ago, rr4353 said:

Not that this forum has much bearing on the current corps members since they're warned to stay away from this site, but it just comes across as creepy once we pass a certain point.

I didn't think we reached " creepy " levels with our remarks on the former Academy soloist yet. I think we have reached the " sublime " and even possibly " the ridiculous " levels however by now. We are still probably 3 stages away still from the " creepy " DCP comment sound siren going off regarding this former Academy soloist.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Edited by BRASSO

46 minutes ago, rr4353 said:

? Not that this forum has much bearing on the current corps members 

You couldn't stop right there in your messaging and hit a home run on here.... which is much better than a double or a triple, incidentally.

38 minutes ago, rr4353 said:

Lol. Call it a safe space if you want, I just would caution against crossing a line - if the member is younger than 18, why do we need to talk about their private lives and motivations and reasons for making their every move? For example, Brandon Olander and Anna Eberhart. I'm just saying privacy should be respected, beyond the stuff that the general public knows about them.

How would you feel if you were them? People talking about you incessantly, speculating about private information and things you wouldn't yourself share to the world? Not that this forum has much bearing on the current corps members since they're warned to stay away from this site, but it just comes across as creepy once we pass a certain point.

Talking about college football targets and prospects is one thing, talking about drum corps members is another. It's just band!

How have posters here crossed a line?  In the case of Anna...her mother/parent/guardian was COOL with all the attention...and not all the attention was positive either...mostly positive...but not all...what is wrong with giving folks accolades anyway?...is it really a bad thing? I just don't think it's cool for you to imply that any of us here have some nefarious motive like the Grinch who stole Christmas...

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I'll drink to that!

I know a guy that for his New Years resolution he's opened a new health gym around the corner, and rented the best exercise equipment for a month. I might sign up for a month to month membership, as he's promising that after the 1st month, the equipment goes back, and his place becomes an Irish Pub.

Edited by BRASSO

It was an absolute pleasure getting to watch him perform that solo, he literally nailed it every performance at rehearsals at at the shows! Very talented lad and a great asset to BD. I got to meet him this summer, I knew his twin brother before from when I marched as he came to camps in a trainee spot.

I'm very sure he will fully remember his roots and is grateful for the experiences he had at Academy. All the best to him!

• Like 1