Oregon Crusaders 2017

Well at this point I think it's pretty obvious what they're going to be playing in 2017, or at least what a large portion of the show will probably be based off of.  I'm excited!  Been wanting to hear the work in its entirety sampled from in drum corps.  Should be fun!  

• Like 1

EnCompass

Including a stylish and contemporary mashup of source music from Edward Elgar's "Enigma Variations", U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name", and Enya's "Only Time", EnCompass will surely be our most innovative show to date. Learn more about our 2017 production here:

Edited by Eleran

10 minutes ago, Eleran said:

EnCompass

Including a stylish and contemporary mashup of source music from Edward Elgar's "Enigma Variations", U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name", and Enya's "Only Time", EnCompass will surely be our most innovative show to date. Learn more about our 2017 production here:

I absolutely CANNOT wait.  Anything U2 Im excited about.  Really hope to see you guys in finals:)

They haven't let me down with a show musically since I can remember, certainly not from 2010 on.  This should be great, very cool and interesting mix of music.

If they can just get their visual program and achievement to match the music they would be set...hope this is the year that can happen.  

I have a feeling the often-played Nimrod variation will either receive a makeover or won't be played at all. That's definitely good reason for me to be excited.

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Eleran said:

A work in the public domain for which no licensing fees are required - take THAT Tresona!

So much for public domain. 

3 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I have a feeling the often-played Nimrod variation will either receive a makeover or won't be played at all. That's definitely good reason for me to be excited.

I suspect Nimrod will show up in some manner, maybe disguised. I remember when Cadets played Copland's 3rd Symphony and intentionally left out Common Man. It just felt weird to me, and I am pretty sure I was not the only one.

4 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I absolutely CANNOT wait.  Anything U2 Im excited about.  Really hope to see you guys in finals:)

I'm not a fan of anything U2 here...but I like everything else...

does U2 have any history (good or bad) with licensing rights?