What to do with VHS?

Mods, sorry if this doesn't belong here. Please close or move to another place if that's the right call.

Hi all. I'm cleaning out my office and decided I need to get rid of my giant box of drum corps VHS. They've now been to three houses living in the same box. I just don't have a VHS player, and have most of the shows I want through DVD. Was going to throw them out, but figured I should ask people here first if they could be put to better use. No clue what I have, mostly Finals from late 80s through 99, but definitely missing a few years in there. Also a few corps-specific videos, like the SCV 2002 VHS and something from Madison too.

Sorry I don't have the full catalog in front of me of what I have. I can go through it if there's interest. But ya, if anyone knows what to do with them (donate to a school, donate to one of you fine folks, etc.) please let me know.

Hi Matt!

If you're not in a hurry to get rid of your collection of VHS tapes..... I know of a couple folks that have a collection of Drum Corps memorabilia that might be interested. I've digitized several VHS videos to DVD and if they would like, I would be interested in doing that for the guys I'm thinking of. As I'm sure everyone knows, there's no long term reliability with the VHS tape and if someone wanted to keep the DC shows for longer storage they would need to be digitized. (With a DC VHS project I'm still working on, I had a few tapes from the late 70's and early 80's that really needed to be digitized before the data was lost and I worked on them first)

I can also contact my friends and see if they're interested.... Again, if you're not in a hurry to get your VHS tapes out of your way quickly.

Yours in Corps,

Tony ;-)

EMail: SunriserDM@gmail.com

5 hours ago, ouooga said:

Mods, sorry if this doesn't belong here. Please close or move to another place if that's the right call.

Hi all. I'm cleaning out my office and decided I need to get rid of my giant box of drum corps VHS. They've now been to three houses living in the same box. I just don't have a VHS player, and have most of the shows I want through DVD. Was going to throw them out, but figured I should ask people here first if they could be put to better use. No clue what I have, mostly Finals from late 80s through 99, but definitely missing a few years in there. Also a few corps-specific videos, like the SCV 2002 VHS and something from Madison too.

Sorry I don't have the full catalog in front of me of what I have. I can go through it if there's interest. But ya, if anyone knows what to do with them (donate to a school, donate to one of you fine folks, etc.) please let me know.

5 hours ago, TennTux said:

Hi Matt!

If you're not in a hurry to get rid of your collection of VHS tapes..... I know of a couple folks that have a collection of Drum Corps memorabilia that might be interested. I've digitized several VHS videos to DVD and if they would like, I would be interested in doing that for the guys I'm thinking of. As I'm sure everyone knows, there's no long term reliability with the VHS tape and if someone wanted to keep the DC shows for longer storage they would need to be digitized. (With a DC VHS project I'm still working on, I had a few tapes from the late 70's and early 80's that really needed to be digitized before the data was lost and I worked on them first)

I can also contact my friends and see if they're interested.... Again, if you're not in a hurry to get your VHS tapes out of your way quickly.

Yours in Corps,

Tony ;-)

EMail: SunriserDM@gmail.com

Don't throw them out...Just like TennTux said you can digitize them...Looks like he has friends interested in doing just that...I digitized my 1990 performance when I marched corps...back then you could buy single corps performances at championships...or at least that's how I remember it...so for me it was a little easier...

• Like 2

Hey Mods, feel free to close. Looks like I've got some lined up interest in the tapes. Thanks for the help everyone!

Edited by ouooga
  • Like 1

Matt,

We'll continue communicating through email, and or phone....  Thanks Mods!

As I was telling you, I spoke with my friend last night.

YES! :thumbs-up:

• Like 1