2017 Uniform Thread

2 minutes ago, ilovecheese said:

I heard rumors of several groups doing the no-headgear look. I personally think it's great, and can open up a new path for performances and performance energy. 

Yeah,  that sounds cool.

On 1/11/2017 at 5:50 PM, DawsonBurnes said:

So I didn't find a 2017 uniform thread so I decided to make one!

I'm sure most every DCI fan noticed the new trend-- show related uniforms. I personally like the change. Corps approach this in different ways, such as a modular uniform with different parts that can be removed to relate to the show, entirely new uniforms, etc. I feel this change is for the good and enhances our drum corps experience. The purpose of this thread is to share new uniforms for the 2017 season, and to discuss said uniforms.

That being said, the only corps right now that I know of to release their 2017 uniform design is Southwind:

Image may contain: one or more people, stripes and text

It's a uniform for their show entitles, "Strange Things." It fits the "strange" category very well.

Yee gads. I'm not a fan of the leggings trend in Drum Corp. Not to mention the rest of this uni.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lance said:

the "smh" is what really elevates this post. 

it's fine that you don't have anything to say about it or think it's not worthy of conversation, but no need for the condescension, right?

To be fair, I did contribute prior to this. Granted, it was a snarky comment, but 80% of my comments on here are snarky. The remaining 20% are about states in PST getting the shaft from DCI post July 4.

My actual thoughts on the topic, I don't actually see a discerning difference in our activity between costume, show wear and uniform. By the point of the activity, they're all the same. What I do hope is that more corps take the lead of Bluecoats. Not necessarily monotone jumpsuits, or even WGI wear, but uniforms/costumes/garbaldegoops/etc. that hide weaknesses and allow for a stronger performance by the members.

• Like 1

Donald: Hey look, it's the 2017 uniform thread.

Mike: 1 uniform illustration, and 3 pages of discussion. There must be a lot of CRAP in it. 

Donald: It would be so much fun to trash 1 person in that utter field of crap.

Mike: Yeah, and pretend it's nothing compared to our own elevated discourse, like "Just because I dont like uniform doesnt mean i dont like it." smh.

Donald: Tee hee, smh, it'll be just like 2nd grade again! Woo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhoo, Southwind could wear Glassmen 93 unis, and I'd still be ecstatic just to see them back. 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2017 at 9:07 AM, BoaDci said:

Jumpsuits are stupid.

050a15c8a5bd4e48c9fe00abd43f3464.jpg

That's "Speedsuit", and they're AWESOME!

detail-111213.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Folks from the Stone Age ripping on anything that you can bring your arms past parallel to the ground wearing-- and the performers don't collapse from heat exhaustion during performances? That's absurd, and not real drum corps! The fabric should be heavy and restrictive. Any TRUE drum corps fan feels the same way. Nevermind that anybody who has ever even pretended to dance or move their body in an artistic way will tell you that these new uniforms are FAR superior to the old (there's a reason colorguards have been wearing jumpsuits for YEARS)... well, nevermind those people! It's ALSO not drum corps if the performers aren't at a standstill, high-marching whilst playing something patriotic in one of three keys that the instruments can handle.

So there! Pah, costumes!

• Like 1