2017 Uniform Thread

42 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Seeking enjoyment, and having some enjoyment from witnessing anothers emotional pain or "emotional carnage " as you put it, is no way to go thru life, Son. 

But... whatever.

Though I did end my post with a   :-)  which in internet terms means that it is meant in fun and not 100% seriousness

But to be honest it is pretty crazy how bent out of shape people get over these things.  If someone truly does get emotional pain from a uniform design than they should probably be seeking some professional mental help.

There are many other things more important in life to be upset about than uniform design.  

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, dbg said:

Though I did end my post with a   :-)  which in internet terms means that it is meant in fun and not 100% seriousness

But to be honest it is pretty crazy how bent out of shape people get over these things.  If someone truly does get emotional pain from a uniform design than they should probably be seeking some professional mental help.

Noooooo... to be clear, what you said was that YOU would find enjoyment with your popcorn in hand in watching the ( your words ) the " emotional carnage " of others in a uniform design change. Nobody, but nobody on here, stated they would have ( your words) " emotional pain " from THEIR witnessing a uniform design change. So in essence you created a fictional situation that requires no introduction of the " seek professional help " canard, It exists in your mind alone on here, as nobody has brought up on here that they will be anywhere near such " emotional pain " that requires " professional mental health help"  intervention if Corps undergo a uniform design change not to their personal liking and/ or preference.

Edited by BRASSO

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Noooooo... to be clear, what you said was that YOU would find enjoyment with your popcorn in hand in watching the ( your words ) the " emotional carnage " of others in a uniform design change. Nobody, but nobody on here, stated they would have ( your words) " emotional pain " from witnessing a uniform design. So you created a fictional situation that requires no introduction of the " seek professiional help " canard, It exists in your mind alone, as nobody has brought up on here that they will be anywhere near such " emotional pain " if Corps undergo a uniform design change not to their personal liking and/ or preference.

In their defense, I've seen a few people express concern and hating the fact that uniforms are getting ready to change towards more of a costume than an actual uniform. I don't care to do the search, because I know I've seen it, but if you want to it's all on you. Lol. So no, it's not fictional. So many of the old timers have expressed hate towards it. Maybe not in this thread, but in others. There haven't been any mentions of pain, but total disgust yes, which can be attributed to some sort of pain because not all pain has to hurt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UKSuperman said:

In their defense, I've seen a few people express concern and hating the fact that uniforms are getting ready to change towards more of a costume than an actual uniform. I don't care to do the search, because I know I've seen it, but if you want to it's all on you. Lol. So no, it's not fictional. So many of the old timers have expressed hate towards it. Maybe not in this thread, but in others. There haven't been any mentions of pain, but total disgust yes, which can be attributed to some sort of pain because not all pain has to hurt. 

I won't quibble nor deny the fact that hundreds of thousands of former marchers in Drum & Bugle Corps have left following the activity...and many as you correctly said " in disgust" with the changes. Those folks though really don't count anymore in the CURRENT discussion of uniform design changes as they stopped following Drum & Bugle Corps well before this season's contemplation of new uniform design changes on the part of Corps took place place. If they no longer go to shows, or participate in discussion of shows/ uniforms, etc or support or volunteer in some manner they might count in those forum discussions elsewhere, but not on here on DCP. Here, we have the fans who ARE still involved in some manner, and with THESE fans, I have detected no " disgust " on uniform designs yet. Perhaps its the secrecy at work on it, who knows. But I sense little to no " disgust " with the uniforms of Corps at the moment... and especially from the 10-12 regular DCP daily posters on here at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, UKSuperman said:

In fact more than a few.   Lots of concern here that "yet another tradition"  has completely fallen by the wayside.  The perceived abandonment of tradition has certainly caused (and continues to cause) fans to walk away from the activity.  Everyone has their own personal "last straw".

Any-key brass. amplification, voice, electronics, uniforms, dance -- each is listed by various former fans as unacceptable,

• Like 2

I find that to relieve the emotional trauma of witnessing something that I do not like in Drum Corps all I simply have to do is do a sacrificial offering to the Earth God of 4 backyard squirrels. I give them a proper and respectful burial out in a nearby lot in the woods too. Once the summer's sacrificial offering ceremony is over, I am at peace with everything.. including my earthly possessions in my yard. I then can take in all the summers Drum Corps shows in complete tranquility and willing acceptance of whatever my eyes and ears encounter out on the fields of competition.  I suggest others might try this, or something similar, to lesson their pain and discomfort as well, as it indeed seems to do the trick.

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I find that to relieve the emotional trauma of witnessing something that I do not like in Drum Corps all I simply have to do is do a sacrificial offering to the Earth God of 4 backyard squirrels. I give them a proper and respectful burial out in a nearby lot in the woods too. Once the summer's sacrificial offering ceremony is over, I am at peace with everything.. including my earthly possessions in my yard. I then can take in all the summers Drum Corps shows in complete tranquility and willing acceptance of whatever my eyes and ears encounter out on the fields of competition.  I suggest others might try this, or something similar, to lesson their pain and discomfort as well, as it indeed seems to do the trick.

um....ok?

9 hours ago, garfield said:

Haven't read the whole thread, so maybe this is already discussed...

I got word that one corps (no, I'm not telling) and maybe more are using "printed" uniforms. the cost of which (about $100) is included with the MM's tour fee.  At the end of the season, the MM keeps the uni.

No storage, no alterations...

Whery-Whery intewesting...

Holy crap, only $100? My MM's is going to be a lot more than that.

Mike