2017 Uniform Thread

2 minutes ago, Double.D said:

SCV

19441770_10155226789965336_6721436494488

Hmm.  I'm gonna need to see more of it/them.

9 hours ago, mrjaydub said:

Only to appease my OCD... the chevron, is the white separate from the black?   Meaning, is the white part overlayed on the black piece?  Comparing the black chevron lines on the left/right - they don't appear to be the same width.  Or the white ones are off.  And lastly... guard shoes - hope these are simply practice and we'll see black in the near future?  

Meniscal points... just curious.

The chevron is printed on with faded edges and a faux "shine" which is that diagonal line you see in it on the left side. The original illustration didn't have the fade and I thought it was a bit cleaner.

11 hours ago, MikeN said:

I actually liked Phantom's more when they didn't have the shoulder puffs.  That said, that's a very cool look for them, and I am all in favor of things that take them out of their wheelhouse.

Mike

I like the shoulder Opera Houses. Not completely sold on the padded bra, but it may read well from a distance, like the printed ribbed stuff Cavaliers have on their Uniform #1. 

Same for the rollerblading pads on the arms and thighs. The leg ones kind of make the overall shape look like riding breeches. Let's see it in motion. 

The boot things are GREAT and the guard is a total win. Just the color clarity with the red faces and the red gloves is wonderful. 

Overall I think it is fantastic and I'll bet additional guard outfits and silks will be equally strong. 

30 minutes ago, dcibrando said:

why does DCI have to become WGI outdoors?   Corps identity is going away.  Bluecoats and Crown win and start a trend and now most have to follow?  Why ...was there a sale on spandex?

Bite your tongue. Those costumes are the cats meow. Wait until you see them in person. So not last season. Controversy I don't think so. 

• Like 1

SCV's and Phantom's are by far my favorite. Can still recognize them and they change with the times (I would have been impressed with Phantoms 10 years ago as well). Not to mention they're classy as hail.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Bite your tongue. Those costumes are the cats meow. Wait until you see them in person. So not last season. Controversy I don't think so. 

For every ridiculous thing you say, you have something else that has me grinning ear to ear. 

Never change 

• Like 6