2017 Uniform Thread

32 minutes ago, ouooga said:

As much as I want SCV to win, and I'd even be ok with a BD/SCV tie, I did some research and unfortunately that can't happen. It turns out that both BD and SCV are based in a region commonly known as the Bay Area, and this roughly means that they're each going to have fantastic seasons, but ultimately lose by blowing a 3-1 lead come Finals.  :tongue:

I'll see myself out.

?  

2 hours ago, ouooga said:

As much as I want SCV to win, and I'd even be ok with a BD/SCV tie, I did some research and unfortunately that can't happen. It turns out that both BD and SCV are based in a region commonly known as the Bay Area, and this roughly means that they're each going to have fantastic seasons, but ultimately lose by blowing a 3-1 lead come Finals.  :tongue:

I'll see myself out.

So you're saying a group from Ohio is going to win???

Edited by Jason Harrison
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2017 at 3:33 PM, flammaster said:

I liked Crown's uniform last season.  That show was real good.  They can have next year.  This year has to be a BD/SCV tie.

Remember when that happened in 1999? The crowd was NOT happy

I don't think corps are as sheepish in following trends as a lot of people fear they will be after who won last year.  If anything after years of Blue Devils dominance corps have grown more diverse in their musical and visual styles, approaches, etc. in the last few years than they had for awhile in my eyes.  We'll probably see a handful try the obvious things such as the uniforms a few times over the next few years but there isn't going to be this mass conformity that some people are scared of.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I don't think corps are as sheepish in following trends as a lot of people fear they will be after who won last year.  If anything after years of Blue Devils dominance corps have grown more diverse in their musical and visual styles, approaches, etc. in the last few years than they had for awhile in my eyes.  We'll probably see a handful try the obvious things such as the uniforms a few times over the next few years but there isn't going to be this mass conformity that some people are scared of.  

I think you are right BUT I do think as something new becomes accepted it does open the doors for the next new thing.

I also don't believe just because some form of head gear was not worn if another doesnt wear something does not mean they are trying to copy. Corps, at least top ones do I believe what works for them, popular or not.

I just want all corps to be themselves. I want Cadets to be Cadets, let Bloo do their thing etc. 

Modern, traditional, intellectual... lets see each corps do its thing and not have to conform to the obligatory poses, leg maneuvers etc. 

• Like 1