2017 Uniform Thread

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Some speculative chatter on Bahstahn thread about new uniforms there. Button$ made from titanium some might wonder. 

One of the many changes Boston's BOD has begun is asking alumni to include in their wills that the corps can have any of the wonder metals they may have received during surgery.  The corps has contracted with a local foundry to melt the metals down and ship it to Band Shoppe.  It's a way for alumni to still  march with the corps legally. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

One of the many changes Boston's BOD has begun is asking alumni to include in their wills that the corps can have any of the wonder metals they may have received during surgery.  The corps has contracted with a local foundry to melt the metals down and ship it to Band Shoppe.  It's a way for alumni to still  march with the corps legally. 

in keeping with this revelation, I want to disabuse anyone of the rumor that the Boston Crusaders will be doing the Music from Metallica this season.

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

Do more research. Here's an example why.

This video is from 2012, the year the Cadets went to cream uniforms. This was Cadets 2's first year in DCA. This was the only year (except for 2016) Cadets 2 went to Maroon uniforms. From 2013-2015 (the years the Cadets had the traditional uniforms), Cadets 2 had the cream uniforms from the Cadets' 2012 show 

2 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

This video is from 2012, the year the Cadets went to cream uniforms. This was Cadets 2's first year in DCA. This was the only year (except for 2016) Cadets 2 went to Maroon uniforms. From 2013-2015 (the years the Cadets had the traditional uniforms), Cadets 2 had the cream uniforms from the Cadets' 2012 show 

Correct, young jedi. 

You and your mentor Tesmusic may advance to the next level of challenge. Good luck.

3 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

you sound like you know something...

Mmmkay...

No reason to be surprised then!

Edited by Lead

Regarding new uniforms for 2017, 3 of the top 14 Corps from last season won't be coming out with new uniforms. That much is certain anyway on these 3 anyway. Thats because they currently don't have the money to afford new uniforms (and 2 of these 3 have older instruments in dire need of replacement, but they can't afford that either.)

Edited by BRASSO

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Regarding new uniforms for 2017, 3 of the top 14 Corps from last season won't be coming out with new uniforms. That much is certain anyway on these 3 anyway. Thats because they currently don't have the money to afford new uniforms.... and 2 of the 3  have older instruments in dire need of replacement, but they can't afford that either.

What corps?

12 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

What corps?

If Corps can remain silent thru the offseason, I don't see why I can't as well on these 3 Corps current financial hole they currently find themselves in.  I see no value in my beating on a Corps... any Corps... when it is down at the moment, and is going thru some difficult financial challenges at the moment. But its out there, and it will become known by most as the summer season unfolds. My guess, several regular DCP'ers on here know who I'm referring too as well, even if they'd prefer to go silent on the names as well

Edited by BRASSO

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

If Corps can remain silent thru the offseason, I don't see why I can't as well on these 3 Corps current financial hole they currently find themselves in.  I see no value in my beating on a Corps... any Corps... when it is down at the moment, and is going thru some difficult financial challenges at the moment.

I wasn't trying to imply any ill-will towards a corps. I was just genuinely curious. Financial struggles aren't fun-- believe me. My band has gone through that. No reason to disrespect a corps that's going through that.

Edited by DawsonBurnes
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

I wasn't trying to imply any ill-will towards a corps. I was just genuinely curious. Financial struggles aren't fun-- believe me. My band has gone through that. No reason to disrespect a corps thats going through that.

This offseason is not an anomaly either. In any given year, there are always a few Corps that financially are barely able to make ends meet. Some make it thru, but sadly, hundreds of Corps don't ( including former DCI Championship winning and former DCI medalist winning Corps ) and are no longer with us. That's why we really hope all of these 3 can turn it around financially... and soon.

Edited by BRASSO