2017 Uniform Thread

3 minutes ago, E3D said:

Good for them. Lets hope the corps bus does not break down on side the road ,,, heaven forbid what type of trash they will take for that nonsense. 

Bring on more jump suits. 

Treated like God's -???? ok sure. 

PIW class finals lots look something like this ... and that shot is for SNARE SECTIONALS. Teens in the activity eat this stuff up. They follow the social media accounts of the individual players and fan-boy / fan-girl like crazy. WGI Famous. If a staff member stopped and said "who can help us push a concert bass drum onto the court tonight?" there would be a melee. 

The kids whoop and holler when these groups wrap up 8 on a hand. It's crazy. 

C-MsvtzXUAMq5zW.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, mingusmonk said:

PIW class finals lots look something like this ... and that shot is for SNARE SECTIONALS. Teens in the activity eat this stuff up. They follow the social media accounts of the individual players and fan-boy / fan-girl like crazy. WGI Famous. If a staff member stopped and said "who can help us push a concert bass drum onto the court tonight?" there would be a melee. 

The kids whoop and holler when these groups wrap up 8 on a hand. It's crazy. 

C-MsvtzXUAMq5zW.jpg

much more popular now than ever ,even with non drummers. " FACT !

20 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Ridiculed? No problem. These folks are treated like Gods in their universe. 

Lots of very small "universes "  of all sorts are out there on this earth, each with their own " God " like treatrment" from its very small fan base. Even the Mummers Bands " have folks treating them like Gods in their universe ". But so what ? Whats this got to do with anything ?

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, BRASSO said:

Lots of very small "universes "  of all sorts are out there on this earth, each with their own " God " like treatrment from its small fan base. Even the Mummers Bands " have folks treating them like Gods in their universe ". But so what ? Whats this got to do with anything ?

It means they would not be embarrassed to be wearing that gear. While in the realm of wearing those costumes, they are adored. 

I'm not debating the merits of said universe. 

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

It means they would not be embarrassed to be wearing that gear. While in the realm of wearing those costumes, they are adored. 

I'm not debating the merits of said universe. 

Fair enough... its acknowledged that many people in the much ,much larger " universe " chuckle out loud at the Mummer Bands attire, music and instruments, but that within its very tiny universe of fans, the Mummers Bands  are " treated like Gods ".

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Heck, a H.S. Diploma or a GED  and a flair for applying make up in an effective manner in a group setting should suffice for a future paid position in Corps in such a future staff capacity, imo.

If this becomes a postion a corps needs filled, I imagine they could go the "intern" route like many corps do with the video positions.  Working with a corps during Winter camps and then the season from start of ST to Finals would give a couple of future career make up artists a great learning opportunity.

48 minutes ago, E3D said:

This is some ugly crap. Just when you think the nonsense could not be taken to 11. They did it. This is some type of joke ....cause I'm like what the Fork?  My kid will never march so I have not fear of them being ridiculed for looking like a clown. Hell even clowns have better. This is like a UNITARD. 

Methinks you never saw Les Chatelines back in the day,,,,this is really nothing new.

• Like 1

Just now, 84BDsop said:

Methinks you never saw Les Chatelines back in the day,,,,this is really nothing new.

Les Chatelines or  Les Eclipse. 

Don't make me roll the clock back. it is not a good look. opinion that is all.