2017 Uniform Thread

6 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Methinks you never saw Les Chatelines back in the day,,,,this is really nothing new.

Methinks you are like most BD alum.... thinking for others and such. Nothing new. 

9 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Methinks you never saw Les Chatelines back in the day,,,,this is really nothing new.

And they didn't last a decade *.  Maybe they should have had more appealing uniforms.

(well, they only show up in DrumCorpsRep from '74-83 - perhaps they had a longer history, I don't know)

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eleran said:

And they didn't last a decade.  Maybe they should have had more appealing uniforms.

probably needed better jumpsuits. 

11 minutes ago, Eleran said:

And they didn't last a decade *.  Maybe they should have had more appealing uniforms.

(well, they only show up in DrumCorpsRep from '74-83 - perhaps they had a longer history, I don't know)

They later became Connexion Quebec and went a few more years to 1987.

15 minutes ago, E3D said:

Methinks you are like most BD alum.... thinking for others and such. Nothing new. 

Methinks you've never read most of my postings to get a better feel for me....but you keep thinking what you're thinking. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 84BDsop said:

Methinks you've never read most of my postings to get a better feel for me....but you keep thinking what you're thinking. 

Methinks those high notes from back in da day got to your brain housing group. Either that or the hippy lettuce. But you keep on thinking what your thinking. I will just read your posts. 

Yeah the connexion Quebecois. We hit a bunch of shows back then in Q bec. They had a few good looking guard members. I remember trying to use my FRANCH on them and not really working the way I wanted it. 

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

These folks are treated like Gods in their universe. 

That reminds me of the Arquillian Galaxy from Men In Black.

11312191_1877241182501619_334468080_n.jpg

I think the number of "fanboys/fangirls" is vastly exaggerated by their enhanced visibility through social media.  When it comes down to actual participation - which I believe to be possibly the best gauge of how much the activity actually means to kids - I just don't see a huge interest in DCI/DCA/WGI, etc., from the high school kids.  

I don't think my son's school is that vastly different from most, and here are their numbers:  400+ band musicians in concert bands; 76 musicians + color guard in the marching band (and the bulk of those musicians are not the better musicians in the school); 1 person in Drum Corps (and to the best of my knowledge, that 1 person might very well be the only one who has ever marched Drum Corps from this high school).  And we're in a state that houses rehearsal camps for 2 DCI World Class, 1 DCI Open Class, and 4 DCA Corps.

I know that's just anecdotal evidence, but I do worry about some of the trends.  

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 1

Alexa "please make this nonsense stop"....... Alexa play real Drum and Bugle Corps......."1985 devils" Alexa show me real drill "1987 Garfield"............. Alexa please make these jumpsuits go away......bluecoats winter guard international. 

41 minutes ago, E3D said:

Methinks those high notes from back in da day got to your brain housing group. Either that or the hippy lettuce. But you keep on thinking what your thinking. I will just read your posts. 

I was a 4th sop....my highest note was an A above the staff.  I certainly didn't have the screaming range,,,,ever.

On the other hand, I DID play a nice chunk of the upper lead sop and lead bari books that year....fun parts!

Just saw the Crossmen unis and I have the same thought on these ones that I had on the Academy ones. "Awesome blend of past, present, and future"

• Like 1