Unpopular Opinions?

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 6:54 PM, garfield said:

What?  Nobody knows "Go Ian!" yet?  I'm shocked...

Duh. Cadets 2000. I'm just now catching up from my winter DCP hiatus or I would have answered much earlier. 

6 hours ago, FLBuzcut said:

Duh. Cadets 2000. I'm just now catching up from my winter DCP hiatus or I would have answered much earlier. 

Thank God.  

Tek, where the heck are you?  Didn't you listen to that enough to know the "Go Ian!" reference?

Kudos to the Florida Jarhead for proving what he listens to in his spare time.  And it ain't Led Zepplin, no sir!

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2017 at 10:14 PM, Jaltrogge said:

If there has ever been a show which deserved a perfect 100 from judges, it is the 1993 Cadets of Bergen County.  (:

I would agree for the most part, but truthfully, loving both of these groups, Stars leap off the edge to things not seen, tried or interpreted the way a Star did, was truly incredible.  I have looked at these two shows back to back, with several groups in between, both ways (Cadets first, Star last/Star first, Cadets last) and come up with the same answers.  I have adjudicated both shows with the DCI forms used at that time in GE and Music.  I come up with the same result.  Even though Cadets have an incredible show, but Stars' show was truly ground breaking with horn line body movement, incredible tempos, member stamina, guard movement with equipment, let alone the equipment used for the stark or use of little or no color on the equipment.  It was movement with a point of going toward something or building to a point, rather than movement for the sake of movement, musical interpretation of that music being done by the people on the field.  It was done through the use of everything possible inclusive of things that showed a very convincing level of little or no - color, equipment such as a pole, rather than a pole with a flag.  It was done with body movement while playing (something other than the movement of marching.   Music was at times minimalist and the choreography, drill movement, playing (dynamics, or placement of sound)lent itself to that, something that some corps are still struggling with.  I contend that, this show could still compete today and I think with the talent, practice and dedication of staffs and the corps members themselves, could contend for a title!

BD 2008 should've won

Cadets should change their uniform 

Bluecoats were overrated in 2016

2013 wasn't a great year for drum corps shows, hence Crown winning

SCV 1989 > SCV 1988

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

BD 2008 should've won

Cadets should change their uniform 

Bluecoats were overrated in 2016

2013 wasn't a great year for drum corps shows, hence Crown winning

SCV 1989 > SCV 1988

I agree with all except Cadets changing uniforms.

Crown wont win another championship for at least five years. 

There will be 50 drum corps at championships within thenext 10 years.

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'm taking the under.

seems like a safe bet. 

Mainly just because I didn't get over it yet:

Crossmen should have beat Madison in '08.  

We had a terrible quarters performance and Madison was on that night. Couldn't make up the difference in Semis... even with a great show... only thing Madison did that was better was play loud. It wasn't a good loud... but it was an effective loud.  Otherwise they were a mess.  

Both of those shows would not even be close to finals now. 

I'll move on one day.