Dci Live

Hey, just starting this thread to try to figure out what the status of DCI live was? Is it definitely coming back? If so do we know who's streaming it? And what is you guys' opinions on the streaming last year?

Last year had it's issues but HOLY HOPKINS it was way better than the FloMarching service that BOA used. Flo was nearly unwatchable for some shows. Audio quality was never better than mediocre and they had no clue how to properly mic the field. Video quality was a little better than the audio but sometimes there were major issue with lag and at one of the major shows there was an issue that caused the stream to keep reverting back to hours before.

Unfortunately they have been posting things that make me think they may already have a deal in place with DCI.

• Like 2

Just now, Beckham said:

Last year had it's issues but HOLY HOPKINS it was way better than the FloMarching service that BOA used. Flo was nearly unwatchable for some shows. Audio quality was never better than mediocre and they had no clue how to properly mic the field. Video quality was a little better than the audio but sometimes there were major issue with lag and at one of the major shows there was an issue that caused the stream to keep reverting back to hours before.

Unfortunately they have been posting things that make me think they may already have a deal in place with DCI.

Oh boy.............

1 hour ago, jimthetuba said:

Hey, just starting this thread to try to figure out what the status of DCI live was? Is it definitely coming back? If so do we know who's streaming it? And what is you guys' opinions on the streaming last year?

I was very satisfied with the streaming overall...I have a serious connection here though...there were a few blips here and there and some venues were much better than others...My biggest complaint is not having the DVR function but I understand the rationale...it's best to look at schedule and determine whether you will be around for the vast majority of the live performances...that is if you are looking for the best value...I think what you get for the money is good value IMO.

Edited by Liahona

Just now, DrumManTx said:

I'd gladly pay 3 to 4 times as I did for FloMarching this fall much for great quality.  

Seconded.  I loved watching Tarpon's finals run with the front ensemble louder than the entire hornline. XD

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Don't get me started.  

:bored:

Hopefully they learned and are training more in how to record/broadcast bands/corps.  

All I want to do....IS HEAR HARLOFF'S AVON BRASSLINE!!!!