Dci Live

36 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

So why not simply record the stream? There is plenty of software available to do it, and it's perfectly legal.

Probably for the same reason he didn't watch it live?  It's a DVR world.   Heck TV programs and DCIFN knew that-- you could watch live events when it was convenient for you to do so.  

Now -- if you know of a stream-recorder that will launch,  navigate the web interface, find the correct stream, and record it automagically,  please send me the link! 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

FloMarching had serious issues Friday with WGI. I wasn't able to watch other days but I let my feelings be known. They obviously didn't have enough capacity to handle the demand 

I watched WGI via FloMarching Thursday at work (shhh, don't tell anyone!) and had zero issues. Didn't get to watch at all Friday but watched all day Saturday at home (used the FloMarching app thru the Roku). Would go for a few hours with no problems, then buffering through an entire show, then would be fine again for a while, etc. I assumed it was my home internet, since I occasionally have issues when watching anything streamed at home, but who knows? I missed a couple of groups, but not enough to make me not use FloMarching again.

53 minutes ago, MingoLeger said:

I watched WGI via FloMarching Thursday at work (shhh, don't tell anyone!) and had zero issues. Didn't get to watch at all Friday but watched all day Saturday at home (used the FloMarching app thru the Roku). Would go for a few hours with no problems, then buffering through an entire show, then would be fine again for a while, etc. I assumed it was my home internet, since I occasionally have issues when watching anything streamed at home, but who knows? I missed a couple of groups, but not enough to make me not use FloMarching again.

You missed it when it got bad, Saturday was not too bad.  Friday it was totally unwatchable from about Fantasia through Aimachi.  They acknowledged it was on their end too, which NEVER happened in the fall.  It was always my fault.  Every time it happens I text some Texas and Indiana friends to see if it's just me and only once was it just me.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

I will NEVER pay for FloMarching.  I don't think they are at all serious about doing it well.  Much more concerned with doing it CHEAP!

I was very happy with DCI's live streams last year...most of the time.  Video was almost always good.  Audio too soft at times.

Yep.  It is dirt cheap but you also get what you pay for.  All other problems aside they just do not know how to mic and record a band.  Period.  

Box5 on the other hand is top notch.  They did UIL State in 2016 and I think most years and the difference from what FloMarching did for BOA was staggering.  

Edited by DrumManTx

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

Probably for the same reason he didn't watch it live?  It's a DVR world.   Heck TV programs and DCIFN knew that-- you could watch live events when it was convenient for you to do so.  

Now -- if you know of a stream-recorder that will launch,  navigate the web interface, find the correct stream, and record it automagically,  please send me the link! 

There is a growing trend for millennials to watch LIVE programming...

12 minutes ago, corpsband said:

source?  because the number of millennial disconnecting from traditional media sources (CATV) is still growing.  

I will get back to you on source...I can't remember at the moment where I read that study that I'm referencing...

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

P.S. It was nice when we could watch a show later if we had to work and missed a live viewing. The old Fan Network offered that, but I fully understand the fight DCI and other arts organizations are in when it comes to content ownership, rights, and costs. 

It's a right pain in the bum when you're 5-6-7 hours in front though ;-) Many of us in Europe used to love FN BITD but the cost is not justifiable without the DVR function for the most part - there are only so many times you can stay up til 3 or 4 in the morning.

And yes before anyone pipes up I know we're not really the "target" audience!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moz said:

And yes before anyone pipes up I know we're not really the "target" audience!  

You are an important audience too IMO...