Dci Live

6 hours ago, corpsband said:

Probably for the same reason he didn't watch it live?  It's a DVR world.   Heck TV programs and DCIFN knew that-- you could watch live events when it was convenient for you to do so.  

Now -- if you know of a stream-recorder that will launch,  navigate the web interface, find the correct stream, and record it automagically,  please send me the link! 

I used my phone to set everything up remotely last summer. A perfect solution? No. But functional, and easy enough.

Edited by Kamarag

12 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

I used my phone to set everything up remotely last summer. A perfect solution? No. But functional, and easy enough.

yeah using a remote terminal to access your home pc to click some buttons.  works -- but not really practical for all users. 

(and i suspect there's a EULA you clicked through that says you don't really have permission to rip the stream.)

27 minutes ago, corpsband said:

yeah using a remote terminal to access your home pc to click some buttons.  works -- but not really practical for all users. 

(and i suspect there's a EULA you clicked through that says you don't really have permission to rip the stream.)

Yea. EULAs of that nature never hold up in court. Clauses that specifically cover recording are governed by US law. I'll see if I have my Digital Multi Media class notes from when that was discussed. Recording of live digital streams is legal, just like when we recorded live radio when we were kids.

10 hours ago, Kamarag said:

So why not simply record the stream? There is plenty of software available to do it, and it's perfectly legal.

because i have yet to understand how to do it

9 hours ago, MingoLeger said:

I watched WGI via FloMarching Thursday at work (shhh, don't tell anyone!) and had zero issues. Didn't get to watch at all Friday but watched all day Saturday at home (used the FloMarching app thru the Roku). Would go for a few hours with no problems, then buffering through an entire show, then would be fine again for a while, etc. I assumed it was my home internet, since I occasionally have issues when watching anything streamed at home, but who knows? I missed a couple of groups, but not enough to make me not use FloMarching again.

checking in on social media friday night, many people had issues

• Like 1

On 4/10/2017 at 9:43 AM, Kamarag said:

Compression and resolution are not the same thing. You can have a glorious 1080p source, but lots of digital artifact due to poor compression, stream lag, or the inability for your GPU to properly render the source (which can also be a software issue).

Oh I'm aware, I was just saying that they were compressing the source during the encoding so poorly that the decompressed output on the "720p" setting could hardly be called that. It wasn't terrible, but you could visibily see where the tiles. I asked them about it in the support this last year and they confirmed it was their encoder settings. 

On 4/10/2017 at 5:10 PM, DrumManTx said:

Box5 on the other hand is top notch.  They did UIL State in 2016 and I think most years and the difference from what FloMarching did for BOA was staggering.  

Box5 did not produce the DCI streams.  The video & IT staff has been producing them for several years now.

For the techies on here, is it mandatory to move my TV antennas up high on my Motorola TV to pick up the DCI livestream, ?.. and if I put aluminum foil on the antennas, does this help with the reception.. or not ?

• Like 3