'Grow The Activity', 'Be An Ambassador' - How about answer an email?

Ya know... last season without exaggeration, I alone spent over $6000 in tickets for DCI, flights, rental cars, accommodations and provisions. For ALL shows I recruited at least 3 other people to attend with me, some willingly, some unwittingly(all were happy to have done so after). 

So I didn't think it was too much to ask that I get a simple answer to the email question, 'When are the Oceanside, Pasadena and Riverside tickets to be released' because I've been assigned to get the tickets for the three shows for three groups --- ALL 26 TICKETS  ! 

No response after email 1

None two weeks later after 2

Not an 'I don't know' or 'get lost' after email 3

9 hours ago, Mickk3 said:

Ya know... last season without exaggeration, I alone spent over $6000 in tickets for DCI, flights, rental cars, accommodations and provisions. For ALL shows I recruited at least 3 other people to attend with me, some willingly, some unwittingly(all were happy to have done so after). 

So I didn't think it was too much to ask that I get a simple answer to the email question, 'When are the Oceanside, Pasadena and Riverside tickets to be released' because I've been assigned to get the tickets for the three shows for three groups --- ALL 26 TICKETS  ! 

Honestly… Over the many  my experience has been the same with the DCI office; horrible customer service. 

19 hours ago, Mickk3 said:

Well, my first question is: Who did you contact?  Does DCI handle tickets to these shows?

(I think the answer is no, they don't.)

IIRC, these are Pacific Crest sponsored shows. 

http://www.pacific-crest.org/tickets/

Just a hunch.

EDIT:  Oh!  Thanks for your support!  These are great shows!

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, garfield said:

Well, my first question is: Who did you contact?  Does DCI handle tickets to these shows?

(I think the answer is no, they don't.)

IIRC, these are Pacific Crest sponsored shows. 

Just a hunch.

EDIT:  Oh!  Thanks for your support!  These are great shows!

That took you about 5 seconds to come up with, right?

Seems like the people at DCI would know that, too, and could've responded to one of the OP's 3 emails. 

"I'm sorry, but we don't distribute tickets to those shows. Pacific Crest sponsors those shows, and you can find ticket information here:

Thanks again for contacting us, and have a wonderful day."

I am in a terrible mood, so time to step away from dcp. lol. 

Edited by Lance

58 minutes ago, Lance said:

That took you about 5 seconds to come up with, right?

Seems like the people at DCI would know that, too, and could've responded to one of the OP's 3 emails. 

"I'm sorry, but we don't distribute tickets to those shows. Pacific Crest sponsors those shows, and you can find ticket information here:

Thanks again for contacting us, and have a wonderful day."

I am in a terrible mood, so time to step away from dcp. lol. 

That's a valid argument.  I wonder what DCI staff could be doing that might distract them from answering?

On 2/5/2017 at 1:46 PM, Mickk3 said:

I hear your pain...I don't even bother emailing DCI anymore as they have fallen on deaf ears in many situations...

My suggestion is they invest into software that could aid in this issue...there are many good programs out there that would put the email in a queue and also auto-respond that you received the email and let people know that they will be responded to in x amount of time etc.

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I hear your pain...I don't even bother emailing DCI anymore as they have fallen on deaf ears in many situations...

My suggestion is they invest into software that could aid in this issue...there are many good programs out there that would put the email in a queue and also auto-respond that you received the email and let people know that they will be responded to in x amount of time etc.

Let's see, had to check to see if my point in OT.  Yep...

It is interesting that this situation, not specifically this person's situation with DCI, but the impression (and fact, probably) that DCI doesn't have the staff or capital budget for such solutions because, again IMO, A. The directive that many tasks previously handled by DCI could and should be done by member corps with expertise in that area, and B. All of the money saved by shifting those jobs to member corps results in a larger pie to split among member corps at the end of the season.

Those more experienced, do I have that right?

I get the point: DCI's prime objective is to return as much money as possible to the corps, not spend it on marketing or t-shirts or show production or fancy phone systems that the member corps do better than the inept, temporary, low-paid help that inhabits the DCI offices.  (My impression, not necessarily any director's statement.)

But I also think that the egos of some directors has blinded them to the potential benefits of pooling assets and interests for the benefit of all participants.  "Institutional Arrogance", I've heard it described from within the hallowed halls.

I don't claim to have all the any answers, but something tells me that this DCI is the one they get when they strip it of the assets, capital, support, and combined assistance to execute the plan they entrusted to them.  (And then stripped the plan!)  I remember more than one strategic plan goal of building a $something-million budget surplus that never seemed to get primary goal status.  

I, personally, think that DCI should be the first and primary contact for any and all fans who wants to know about the details of any show on the circuit.  But that's my opinion and I don't run a drum corps.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

Let's see, had to check to see if my point in OT.  Yep...

It is interesting that this situation, not specifically this person's situation with DCI, but the impression (and fact, probably) that DCI doesn't have the staff or capital budget for such solutions because, again IMO, A. The directive that many tasks previously handled by DCI could and should be done by member corps with expertise in that area, and B. All of the money saved by shifting those jobs to member corps results in a larger pie to split among member corps at the end of the season.

Those more experienced, do I have that right?

I get the point: DCI's prime objective is to return as much money as possible to the corps, not spend it on marketing or t-shirts or show production or fancy phone systems that the member corps do better than the inept, temporary, low-paid help that inhabits the DCI offices.  (My impression, not necessarily any director's statement.)

But I also think that the egos of some directors has blinded them to the potential benefits of pooling assets and interests for the benefit of all participants.  "Institutional Arrogance", I've heard it described from within the hallowed halls.

I don't claim to have all the any answers, but something tells me that this DCI is the one they get when they strip it of the assets, capital, support, and combined assistance to execute the plan they entrusted to them.  (And then stripped the plan!)  I remember more than one strategic plan goal of building a $something-million budget surplus that never seemed to get primary goal status.  

I, personally, think that DCI should be the first and primary contact for any and all fans who wants to know about the details of any show on the circuit.  But that's my opinion and I don't run a drum corps.

This post got me thinking a bit...using the software...the responsibility of handling the email can be allocated to not just the DCI office...but perhaps evenly distributed to the different corps to help out in different time periods...it benefits everyone to spread out the resources IMO..or even use volunteers...

6 minutes ago, Liahona said:

This post got me thinking a bit...using the software...the responsibility of handling the email can be allocated to not just the DCI office...but perhaps evenly distributed to the different corps to help out in different time periods...it benefits everyone to spread out the resources IMO..or even use volunteers...

Man, spread that gospel! 

"But I have a corps to run!"

Not all corps run shows.