Top 10 opening hits?

I couldn't rank my picks, too hard. This is my list for cool initial first hits, no matter how long it took to arrive. 

1989, 2011, 2013!!, 2015 Cadets 

1995, 1996!!, 2010, 2015 Scouts

Frameworks , 2006, 2010 Cavies

1989, 2014 SCV (1989 was a great year for DCI)

2009-2015 Blue Devils (mostly '12 and '14)

2010, 2015!!, 2016 Bluecoats 

2016 Blue Knights (sounded VERY hard to achieve. I'm not sure if there's something as atonal and nightmarish than this, twas unique.)

2010, 2012, 2013, 2016!! Carolina Crown

I know I'm missing a bunch of stuff, old and new. I'll update when I think of more. 

• Like 1

1981 Phantom Regiment - Spartacus.  

I still remember the opening hit causing my friend to sit on the steps at McGill University Stadium in prelims, as he was totally unprepared!

St. Kevin's Emerald Knights.. Opening Fanfare.... 1963

Edited by BRASSO

Crown 08 - it wasn't the first note played, but it was led into by the Candide opening and then BAM - loudest live drum corps hit I had ever heard (including the live G bugles I had heard in the late 80's and thru the 90's.)  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, leed17 said:

Crown 08 - it wasn't the first note played, but it was led into by the Candide opening and then BAM - loudest live drum corps hit I had ever heard (including the live G bugles I had heard in the late 80's and thru the 90's.)  

Yes.

• Like 1

For Crown, I'd counter 2008 with the climax of the 2010 intro (Mahler 2). The build into it was executed perfectly, with several fake-out hits. When the big one finally came at the announcement, it peeled several faces off.

1 hour ago, MotoSurfBass said:

For Crown, I'd counter 2008 with the climax of the 2010 intro (Mahler 2). The build into it was executed perfectly, with several fake-out hits. When the big one finally came at the announcement, it peeled several faces off.

If you're going to remove the "first note of the show" provision,  it's hard not list Crown first impacts in nearly every show.  Klesch/Harloff enjoy a good smack-the-audience-upside-the-head hit after the pre-show/intro.  

• Like 1

In my time as a fan going to live shows (talking 2009 to present) 2013 Cadets opening hit in San Antonio is about the loudest thing I can remember (rivaled by a shockingly loud Pacific Crest in Denver 2014 from my seat).  Was RIGHT in front of that really down low and it readjusted my face for sure.  

• Like 1