Under Armour - Retribution Is A Dish Best Served Cold

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

Lululeman

(I presume you identify as male due your name.  Not that there's anything wrong with a woman named Greg.)

I always did want to be in the Kingsmen rifle line.........

This is a little late, but Under Armor supplied shirts / shorts / polos for the Ravens Marching Band awhile back. I used to have a Phantom Regiment UA shirt. Nobody knows what Phantom Regiment is, so it kinda looked more like a fringe group than a drum corps shirt, so I ditched it. "Phantom Regiment" does sound a little scary. Not supporting DCI did not move their stock price even a single notch, their slide began with CEO comments and Nike making other political statements. You know what they are, I won't mention because I don't want to go down that rabbit hole. Anyways, we live in the Baltimore vicinity at my kid's school Under Armour isn't cool to wear, but Nike is. So, he gets Nike. I have a few UA shirts, but haven't seen much lately that I like.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

This is a little late, but Under Armor supplied shirts / shorts / polos for the Ravens Marching Band awhile back. I used to have a Phantom Regiment UA shirt. Nobody knows what Phantom Regiment is, so it kinda looked more like a fringe group than a drum corps shirt, so I ditched it. "Phantom Regiment" does sound a little scary. Not supporting DCI did not move their stock price even a single notch, their slide began with CEO comments and Nike making other political statements. You know what they are, I won't mention because I don't want to go down that rabbit hole. Anyways, we live in the Baltimore vicinity at my kid's school Under Armour isn't cool to wear, but Nike is. So, he gets Nike. I have a few UA shirts, but haven't seen much lately that I like.

At their Homecoming weekend, we noticed that the West Chester University band's apparel online store had a name tie-in with Under Armour.  Don't know if it's a formal sponsorship, but interesting that the names were tied in.

So... at least one of the nation's premier college marching bands... the Sudler Trophy recipient for 2019 for the nation's best college band... appears to be on Under Armour's radar.

Your statement I bolded above... Correct. Plus some decisions about endorsers, etc., that didn't quite work out as planned.

Edited by Fran Haring

11 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

At their Homecoming weekend, we noticed that the West Chester University band's apparel online store had a name tie-in with Under Armour.  Don't know if it's a formal sponsorship, but interesting that the names were tied in.

So... at least one of the nation's premier college marching bands... the Sudler Trophy recipient for 2019 for the nation's best college band... appears to be on Under Armour's radar.

Your statement I bolded above... Correct. 

probably a school wide deal. many college marching bands are funded by the athletic department

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

probably a school wide deal. many college marching bands are funded by the athletic department

That was one thing we figured it might be.

And I must admit.... Dr. Yozviak looks pretty good modeling some of the Under Armour stuff!!! :tongue:

30 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

That was one thing we figured it might be.

And I must admit.... Dr. Yozviak looks pretty good modeling some of the Under Armour stuff!!! :tongue:

don't tell Gumble he looks good. Please, don't ever do that (love you Adam!)

• Haha 1

Have there been any national level sponsors other than marching related sponsors? The last I can remember was Ben Franklin in the late 80’s / early 90’s. And that could have just been a local event that I’m remembering as a national sponsor. Kmart did something, but I thought that was just with the Cadets. 

28 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Have there been any national level sponsors other than marching related sponsors? The last I can remember was Ben Franklin in the late 80’s / early 90’s. And that could have just been a local event that I’m remembering as a national sponsor. Kmart did something, but I thought that was just with the Cadets. 

You may be thinking of Circle K convenience store chain (somewhat like a 7/11 or Wawa store) who did several sponsorships with DCI and Suncoast Sound BITD.

56 minutes ago, xandandl said:

You may be thinking of Circle K convenience store chain (somewhat like a 7/11 or Wawa store) who did several sponsorships with DCI and Suncoast Sound BITD.

There was definitely K-Mart / Cadets for a year. I thought it was when they changed their name one year, rumor was that they had to change their name or move to allow the sponsorship or something like that. But that was pre-Internet, so no historical records easily searched.