Under Armour - Retribution Is A Dish Best Served Cold

3 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

There was definitely K-Mart / Cadets for a year. I thought it was when they changed their name one year, rumor was that they had to change their name or move to allow the sponsorship or something like that. But that was pre-Internet, so no historical records easily searched.

I was with them for 17 years and remember nothing of K-Mart. But I am a mere human...

The move from Garfield to Hackensack and then onto to Allentown was for other reasons.

Edited by xandandl

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I was with them for 17 years and remember nothing of K-Mart. But I am a mere human...

The move from Garfield to Hackensack and then onto to Allentown was for other reasons.

Apparently '88

38 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I was very much in the middle of corps admin in 88. Besides, look at your two sources...

Ok, then I guess others have shared in my hallucination. Anyways, the point is that there has been very, very little corporate sponsorship from any large corporations that are not directly marching related.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:42 AM, HockeyDad said:

Wow. Don’t get on Garfield’s bad side. That’s my takeaway from this. Also UA stock is currently down 15% today. 

Yeah, I am very impressed by the lengths that he'll go to in order to bring down a company that crosses DCI.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yeah, I am very impressed by the lengths that he'll go to in order to bring down a company that crosses DCI.

Absolutely... even through they never actually crossed DCI. They pretty much just ignored them, like dozens, maybe hundreds, of other companies have.

But somehow, Under Armour gets singled out.  

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Absolutely... even through they never actually crossed DCI. They pretty much just ignored them, like dozens, maybe hundreds, of other companies have.

But somehow, Under Armour gets singled out.  

Under Armour gets singled out because, unlike the dozens of other companies solicited, they were the only one who came right out and said, effectively, Yea, we're looking for athletes, not band kids.  Why is it acceptable among band people to constantly turn the other cheek as the jocks poke and poke and ridicule and disadvantage, just because they can and for no justifiable reason?

Ok, maybe I give too much credit to the athleticism of "band kids".   I'll admit to that contention any day.   

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Don't be.  "...bring down..." probably overstates it.  "Enthusiastically encouraging and quietly cheering" is probably more accurate.  Plus, I've distrusted their financial reporting since before the company went public.

7 hours ago, xandandl said:

If memory serves this old man....wasn’t it a Circle K sponsorship and not K Mart? No recollection of K-Mart being a sponsor.

Edited by Sutasaurus

33 minutes ago, garfield said:

Under Armour gets singled out because, unlike the dozens of other companies solicited, they were the only one who came right out and said, effectively, Yea, we're looking for athletes, not band kids.  Why is it acceptable among band people to constantly turn the other cheek as the jocks poke and poke and ridicule and disadvantage, just because they can and for no justifiable reason?

Ok, maybe I give too much credit to the athleticism of "band kids".   I'll admit to that contention any day.   

So it would have been better if they didn’t say why?