Under Armour - Retribution Is A Dish Best Served Cold

3 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

I don't remember a Kmart flag on field, but I remember a formation of the Cadets in tight concentric arc, probably indoors and the camera is off to the left about 10-12' up and then the Kmart logo fades in. And then I see other people have the Kmart / Cadets hallucination. It could have been '84-'86, then I joined the Army '86-'89 and didn't follow much while in the Army. Casually followed '89-'93 and then less so '93-'00 or so. The earlier span was well before anything internet related took hold. I'm mostly curious at this point, not trying to be argumentative. Was it just urban legend and I dreamt something? I remember thinking it was an odd sponsorship because Kmart sucks in the words of Rainman.

What did you have for supper?

If that company isn't giving any drum corps $$$ today, are we giving them a lot of free publicity?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

What did you have for supper?

If that company isn't giving any drum corps $$$ today, are we giving them a lot of free publicity?

They can use all the help they can get. I've found people calling the Cadets the Kmart Kadets and similar (haters gonna hate), but I can't find any hard facts online. I'm usually #### good at finding things online, so this is killing me. 

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Heck, like I said in an earlier post... the band members at West Chester U. (arguably, based on their Sudler Trophy award, the best college band in the nation) wear UA stuff, and their music staff models that apparel in promos.

Well....perhaps a little artistic license on your part. They join 30+ other bands who have been recognized since 1982.  So the join a list of 30+ who have been recognized over the years for their unique contributions. 

But I can only push back so hard. Someone who hates Notre Dame as you do obviously has the proper perspective on life!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:
Edited by HockeyDad
Double post ugh

9 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well....perhaps a little artistic license on your part. They join 30+ other bands who have been recognized since 1982.  So the join a list of 30+ who have been recognized over the years for their unique contributions. 

But I can only push back so hard. Someone who hates Notre Dame as you do obviously has the proper perspective on life!

Another other Div II bands in that list?

Asking as Div II graduate.... and in same conference as WCU 🥵

52 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Oh, absolutely... they are just one of many great bands whose names are on the trophy!!! Just so cool that they are the first Div. 2 band to receive the honor.

Just the ND football team, really. No feelings whatsoever on their other sports teams... and the university itself is a terrific school.  If I had kids and they were accepted at ND, I'd swallow hard and say, go get 'em!!!  :tongue:

44 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Another other Div II bands in that list?

Asking as Div II graduate.... and in same conference as WCU 🥵

First one in Div. 2 with the trophy.

And I'm sure they are not the only great Div. 2 band out there!

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, garfield said:

check, check, and ditto

Heh... I remember, late 1970s, almost physically getting into it with a co-worker ( I was a temp, going to college at the time) who mocked the fact that I called the DCA title show a "world championship"  when the subject came up as to what we would be doing on our Labor Day weekend that year.

"What's your 'world'... three states???  And who cares about whatever drum corps is???" or words to that effect. And the dude wouldn't let up. I #### near punched the guy... :tongue:... and that is not like me, at all. I was sure feeling the "second-class citizen" effect there.  🙂

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

First one in Div. 2 with the trophy.

And I'm sure they are not the only great Div. 2 band out there!

Haven’t seen my Alma maters for a while and looks like will have to wait for 2020.... 

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Haven’t seen my Alma maters for a while and looks like will have to wait for 2020.... 

Which school?