Under Armour - Retribution Is A Dish Best Served Cold

As a university of Maryland alum, under armour is in my blood (CEO/founder is a Maryland grad). And as a band member there, we got outfitted in everything by UA. They were amazing. The products are top notch and it's no wonder that more schools are switching over to them (Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Navy, Cal, Auburn, etc)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Wait, after your edit...

No, you're wrong.  Splits are a wash.  Completely without meaning in and of themselves.  True, they might let a smaller investor buy 100 shares (does anyone even still understand a "round lot" anymore?) instead of 50, but a split means nothing.

As I said, the chart I posted is split-adjusted.   

Any decline of more than 50% in 18 months or so is a "TANKING", "SLAMMED", "HAMMERED", "BUTCHERED", "AN A$$-KICKING".  So I don't care what you call it but it's declines are not, in any way, related to its splits.

I'll have to remember this terminology come drum corps season....LOL

Under Armour will be fine, regardless of whether or not they ever discover the marching music world.  LOL.

Mr. Plank and his crew know their stuff. Glad to have them here in Baltimore. 

• Like 2

New Balance has for many years had a program where one can obtain new NB shoes for free provided you return some completed questionaires and measures of the test models they send you. For several DCI seasons many of those I sponsored or who were awarded the scholarships I helped supervise and distribute were thus able to get great footwear for Spring Training and Tour. Given that the usual DCI WC member will go through approximately a pair or more of any brand shoe in one season, this was a sizeable saving for the MMs. Unfortunately for 2017 MMs,  the program is temporarily under revision, but here's the  links for when the program reactivates.  As you may know New Balance has been awarded a major DOD contract for US military returning the making of shoes back to the U.S. A trip to their factories in Maine and Massachusetts is well worth it; Maine particularly is a gorgeous place on a river with water fall, etc.

http://weartest.newbalance.com/

http://weartest.newbalance.com/Apply/Apply.asp?x=030|010&~=

http://weartest.newbalance.com/Apply/Index.asp?Reference=GettingStarted

Edited by xandandl

Hmm, further complications.

As a Cleveland fan, naturally I am disinclined to agree with anything Steph Curry says, and yet . . .

3 hours ago, Eleran said:

Dwayne "The Rock" "ClashOfTheCorps" Johnson also disapproves of the Under Armour CEO's political statements.

That's interesting; when Johnson appeared at a political convention in 2000, there was some controversy, from both sides of the political spectrum, as I recall, about someone so crass and vulgar (although not in his convention speech) being allowed to speak on behalf of a political party.

Nice job finding a further drum corps connection to the story!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eleran said:

Dwayne "The Rock" "ClashOfTheCorps" Johnson also disapproves of UA CEO's political statements

Now, you know you shouldn't go there...

Dwayne "The Rock" gets a pass because of Clash of The Corps, IMO.

(Hey!  My 11,000th post!)

Edited by garfield
Um, because I was compelled by something greater than myself