Who will move up next?

To me the organizational/monetary part of this is the most important thing to look at.  Legends have amazing leadership, seem sound financially, seem like an "organization", and also have the competitive success/improvement to warrant it IF that all continues.  I don't see any corps that I'd think would move up in the next few years, but if there is one heading in that direction Legends would be my pick.  

The amount of growth they've shown the last two years is nothing short of amazing.  If they do that again this year BDB and SCVC could have some competition.  

Edited by DrumManTx

• 3 weeks later...

Competitive success is not the only thing that determines if a corps will go world, money is a huge factor in it.

I think part of the reason Genesis went world was because they knew they weren't going to beat BDB or SCVC for a long time, so the figured they might as well go world class now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Music City's F & F's performance at the end of the March brass-only camp.  Greatly impressed with the progress from the February F & F's performance, which I also attended.  I think they may really take a bigger leap forward than just moving up one notch in the finals placement, as they have done steadily the past few years.  In case you haven't heard it, here's the brief video from the February camp - and March was much better than this.

On 4/2/2017 at 9:28 PM, RetiredMusTeach said:

I went to Music City's F & F's performance at the end of the March brass-only camp.  Greatly impressed with the progress from the February F & F's performance, which I also attended.  I think they may really take a bigger leap forward than just moving up one notch in the finals placement, as they have done steadily the past few years.  In case you haven't heard it, here's the brief video from the February camp - and March was much better than this.

As a MCDC '17 Lead Bari, I can attest to that. :P For real though, there is great improvement in this entire corps this year alone, as my 3-star (3 year vet, about to be 4) section leader is saying that the attitude, ambition, and raw talent in the corps is tremendously improved from last year. There's a lot of factors why that is, and probably the biggest part of it is staff changes. With a 5 year Bluecoat 2016 Age-Out as our visual caption head, we're gonna look a lot better than the corps did last year. Sorry for my bias-fueled comment, but I honestly felt I had to say something for my corps. :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BassClefTristan said:

As a MCDC '17 Lead Bari, I can attest to that. :P

Did last year's bari soloist come back for 2017?  He was phenomenal.

Dont be ashamed of being biased - everyone else on here is (me included)!

• Like 1

Just now, WaxDCIFan said:

Did last year's bari soloist come back for 2017?  He was phenomenal.

Dont be ashamed of being biased - everyone else on here is (me included)!

Unfortunately, no, the '16 euph soloist isn't in the corps this year, due to some leg problems he has.

3 minutes ago, BassClefTristan said:

Unfortunately, no, the '16 euph soloist isn't in the corps this year, due to some leg problems he has.

But after hearing the bari/euph section at the March F&F performance, they sounded phenomenal so I suspect that, yourself included, they have a great soloist or two in this years' section.

Just now, RetiredMusTeach said:

But after hearing the bari/euph section at the March F&F performance, they sounded phenomenal so I suspect that, yourself included, they have a great soloist or two in this years' section.

Actually, the bari line you hear in the beginning of the opener is a solo. The soloist just has not been decided yet. It will most likely be our section leader. :P