DCI horn sponsors?

18 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

The new System Blue brass are not stenciled or relabeled.

As I understand it,  that's exactly what the "Traditional" line is.  

The "Professional" line looks a lot like the Kings they played in '16.   

But all the horns are Jinbaos's. 

Edited by corpsband

8 hours ago, BoaDci said:

It seems after a quick look at their website they list System Blue AND King as sponsors.  Arent system blue and king very similar?  Im pretty sure theyre using system blue.

Not than anyone cares but BD used Bach Stradivarius trombones last season as well...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Not than anyone cares but BD used Bach Stradivarius trombones last season as well...

BD doesnt list that as a sponsor, but that is interesting to note.

20 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

BD doesnt list that as a sponsor, but that is interesting to note.

I have a trumpet from 1985 from the same...Bach...the best horn I've ever owned...and I've played on a lot of different horns...

6 hours ago, Liahona said:

I have a trumpet from 1985 from the same...Bach...the best horn I've ever owned...and I've played on a lot of different horns...

Strads are great, they have one of the darkest tones on any horn Ive ever known.  I wish they sponsored DCI programs, but it makes sense why they dont.  Believe it or not, ALL of Bachs horns have handmade parts in them, which make them very expensive.  One of the downsides though is that Bachs are pretty inconsistent (due to human error) and you dont really know what youre gonna get, and that is a problem Xenos dont really have.

The JinBao System Blue horns are junk. Made of thin brass that dents easily and have very poor quality control. The Professional line was redesigned when pulled from King so as to not be direct copies. There are just small changes between the King versions and the JinBao versions. The standard line or whatever they call it is all clones of Yamaha and Kanstul equipment.

Edited by Brad T.

Conn-Selmer is the parent company to many brands like Bach, Selmer, King, etc. 

http://www.conn-selmer.com/en-us/our-instruments/band-instruments/?brand=King System Blue

The King brand was making the System Blue marching instruments until 2015/2016 (I believe)  until they started to be distributed by BAC. Since the switch it's hard telling when and who online. The Conn-Selmer site still has King System Blue in their URL but it is nowhere to be found.

https://systemblue.org/news/article.php?ID=672

Edited by hammondbrass

10 hours ago, Brad T. said:

The JinBao System Blue horns are junk. Made of thin brass that dents easily and have very poor quality control. The Professional line was redesigned when pulled from King so as to not be direct copies. There are just small changes between the King versions and the JinBao versions. The standard line or whatever they call it is all clones of Yamaha and Kanstul equipment.

Sadly this meshes with the scuttlebutt I've heard as well.  

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

Sadly this meshes with the scuttlebutt I've heard as well.  

Well... I played on System Blue Professional series last season with Kidsgrove Scouts... We didn't have any abnormal issues with regards to the horns denting and the metal being too thin. There was one tuba out of the whole of the brassline that had serious issue with regards to finish (it pretty much de-lacquered), which by the way was promptly addressed by System Blue, but other than that the horns were perfectly fine. One dodgy horn out of 60 is an anomaly... not an overall condemnation of the brand.