Favorite Conductor/Drum major in DCI History?

I feel like being a drum major continues off the field as well but in terms of their conducting I LOVED The Academy's main DM this summer.  Musical, not overdone, and incredibly energetic and exciting to watch.  I sat RIGHT behind the DMs in Denton this past summer since they're in the stands at that stadium and he definitely stood out to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I feel like being a drum major continues off the field as well but in terms of their conducting I LOVED The Academy's main DM this summer.  Musical, not overdone, and incredibly energetic and exciting to watch.  I sat RIGHT behind the DMs in Denton this past summer since they're in the stands at that stadium and he definitely stood out to me.

I agree, I really appreciate how loyal he was to Academy.  I understand there is lots of DM's who stay at the same corps their entire DCI tenure, but it is very respectful and cool that they do.  I really appreciated how he stayed at the corps the entire time they were THAT close to semis and it payed off in the end.

16 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I suggest that 99 & 44/100% of being a Drum Major happens off the field.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
grammar
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2017 at 9:52 PM, BoaDci said:

I have lots of favorites, but one that really stands out for me is Koji Mori.  He had great clarity without being too overdone, also had some really cool out of pattern cues and cutoffs.

My top 3 favorites are,

André Feagin  (Phantom)

Reginald Brown (Spirit of Atlanta 1986)

Name?  (2010 Blue Knights; guy with short black hair and thin mustash)

• Like 1

I've long claimed that Joel Alleyne of Etobicoke Oakland Crusaders (DCI Worlds Finalist 1975-1977) was the best and most crowd-oriented drum major I've ever seen. I've written such in a column I do for another website.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Michael Boo said:

I've long claimed that Joel Alleyne of Etobicoke Oakla I've written such in a column I do for another website.

Do you still have the typewriter MB?      

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2