Favorite Conductor/Drum major in DCI History?

oh yeah i forgot Rob Starrett at Crossmen 88-89

• Like 1

So far, no props for lil Jeffrey ( or was it " Geoffrey ") as a Corps Lead Conductor ? ( if you're new to Drum Corps the last couple of seasons, you don't know what in Hades I'm referring too.. but don't sweat it, you're not missing out on anything on my terrible attempt at wit today.. haha!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 10:28 AM, BRASSO said:

So far, no props for lil Jeffrey ( or was it " Geoffrey ") as a Corps Lead Conductor ? ( if you're new to Drum Corps the last couple of seasons, you don't know what in Hades I'm referring too.. but don't sweat it, you're not missing out on anything on my terrible attempt at wit today.. haha!)

Only in his imagination.  D:

• Like 1

Dan Veerhusen, Madison Scouts 1980 & a couple of years prior I believe. He used to pull out a Kodak Instamatic camera & take a picture of the crowd while the Scouts horn line was blowing the stands down during the last note.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Dan Veerhusen, Madison Scouts 1980 & a couple of years prior I believe. He used to pull out a Kodak Instamatic camera & take a picture of the crowd while the Scouts horn line was blowing the stands down during the last note.

I waived my copywrite and privacy protection before he took my picture in the audience at one of the shows. But Dan V  later told me he sold my mug picture to a Russian spy, but the Spy allegedly collapsed and died on the spot from laughing so hard when he received it in the mail.

Edited by BRASSO

There have been many amazing drum majors over the years. However most of the time, I am not paying much attention to them, as I enjoy watching the drill over and over again, regardless of how many times that season I have already seen the show. So my drum major opinion is usually after having seen the video/dvd after the fact and not necessarily from the live viewings, if that makes any sense. And the drum major that always stands out to me, is Colts 1999, The camera angles on the video that year were fantastic, and I'll never forget the first time I saw the video, and they got a close up of the young woman with tears streaming down her face as she was conducting that show for the very last time. In that moment she became one of my favorite drum majors ever. A few years later we saw her working for DCI at a regional event, and recognized her from that video. We spoke to her briefly, and the next few times we were at a show and she saw us, she would wave and say hello, even though she didn't really know us. I feel so bad as I don't know her name, hopefully someone on DCP will. My other favorite drum major is 97 Madison Scouts. One of my all time favorite moments is when the drum major turns to take a picture of the crowd.

All of the drum  majors everyone else has listed have also been fantastic, one set I haven't  seen mentioned yet is the Furlano brothers from Blue Stars. Seemed like a great family and some great drum majors.