Favorite Conductor/Drum major in DCI History?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Kristy Spears 96 Phantom Regiment should also be in the conversation for one of the best DM's... ( depicted in video briefly at the conclusion of show immediately above )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Kristy Spears 96 Phantom Regiment should also be in the conversation for one of the best DM's... ( depicted in video briefly at the conclusion of show immediately above )

I liked her 97 uniform.

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Thanks for posting this video.  Being new to drum corps, I've missed a lot of greatness already and am so happy when someone shares a performance like this - it was thrilling.  Also nice to learn of a female PR conductor who appeared to have the same "je ne sais quoi" seen in recent PR conductors.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Boo said:

I've long claimed that Joel Alleyne of Etobicoke Oakland Crusaders (DCI Worlds Finalist 1975-1977) was the best and most crowd-oriented drum major I've ever seen. I've written such in a column I do for another website.

Couldn't agree with you more. Joel was a show all by himself and had absolute control over his corps.

• Like 2

He was also DM of De la Salle before.

• Like 1

Just now, Mikey408 said:
19 hours ago, Michael Boo said:

I've long claimed that Joel Alleyne of Etobicoke Oakland Crusaders (DCI Worlds Finalist 1975-1977) was the best and most crowd-oriented drum major I've ever seen. I've written such in a column I do for another website.

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Couldn't agree with you more. Joel was a show all by himself and had absolute control over his corps.

He also was DM for Delasalle a couple years too!

On 2/25/2017 at 11:29 PM, flammaster said:

Well since he is a friend and was my son's seat partner I would have to say I am biased.  One drum major I really liked was Becky Wood from Star.

and Becky still has it with Star United.

and Marcia Hanson

and Kristy Spears

that Ryan Turner guy was ok too