Drum Major/ Conductor Spot

while this may be seem a dead time for open podium spots, very frequently, especially among OC and lower placing WC corps, Spring Training often gives rise to panic attacks needing a third or fourth conductor as the drill/visual component is learned and the flaws of the music book and show design become apparent.. it's the way to get your foot in the door. Notify the corps in which you have an interest and tell them you are ready to go whenever they need.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Dci5340 said:

Does anyone have any knowledge of any open Conductor or Drum Major spots? 

Have you been a DM in Drum Corps before ? Or marched in a WC Division Corps ? If not, my suggestion is to look up an Open Class Division Corps or two or three, and contact them to see if they might have an opening for a DM,.... or even an Assistant DM. Good luck in your quest!

Edited by BRASSO

12 hours ago, xandandl said:

while this may be seem a dead time for open podium spots, very frequently, especially among OC and lower placing WC corps, Spring Training often gives rise to panic attacks needing a third or fourth conductor as the drill/visual component is learned and the flaws of the music book and show design become apparent.. it's the way to get your foot in the door. Notify the corps in which you have an interest and tell them you are ready to go whenever they need.

Im kind of shocked

Please do not interpret my comments as if kids quit because the program isn't good enough. Rather, corps' music faculty will want an added conductor for all or part of the music if the drill prohibits viewing the DM or if dead spots are noticed on the field. Watch the WC corps during the season. Sometimes a MM will be popped out of the line to conduct for a few bars and then re-inserted with equipment as the show continues. Cavies, Cadets, Crown, and others have done this occasionally over the years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Please do not interpret my comments as if kids quit because the program isn't good enough. Rather, corps' music faculty will want an added conductor for all or part of the music if the drill prohibits viewing the DM or if dead spots are noticed on the field. Watch the WC corps during the season. Sometimes a MM will be popped out of the line to conduct for a few bars and then re-inserted with equipment as the show continues. Cavies, Cadets, Crown, and others have done this occasionally over the years.

Yeah i knew thats what you meant.

16 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Im kind of shocked

I suppose it all depends on the OP's level of experience and talent. Off the cuff, it would seem unlikely a WC Division Corps, even down to the Pioneer Corps level, would still have an opening for a lead Conductor, as we are almost in March. Unless he has experience as DM before in Corps, my thinking is that he should contact a couple of Open Class Corps. Thats his best chance at this hour, imo

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Have you been a DM in Drum Corps before ? Or marched in a WC Division Corps ? If not, my suggestion is to look up an Open Class Division Corps or two or three, and contact them to see if they might have an opening for a DM,.... or even an Assistant DM. Good luck in your quest!

I have been a DM for a Drum Corps before.

• Like 1