Drum Major/ Conductor Spot

1 hour ago, Dci5340 said:

I have been a DM for a Drum Corps before.

Why not return to your former Corps then ? Or did you perhaps have an unsatisfying experience there ?

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

Watch the WC corps during the season. Sometimes a MM will be popped out of the line to conduct for a few bars and then re-inserted with equipment as the show continues. Cavies, Cadets, Crown, and others have done this occasionally over the years.

As had DM's over the years played a brass solo, help in the pit during a number, etc.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Dci5340 said:

Anything?

Don't believe so. There are usually only hornline, percussion, or guard positions open at this time

36 minutes ago, Dci5340 said:

Anything?

Why did you not go back to the Corps you were a DM with ? Just asking, as your response to this could help in providing you additional assistance that you are asking us for.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 10:00 AM, xandandl said:

Sometimes a MM will be popped out of the line to conduct for a few bars and then re-inserted with equipment as the show continues. Cavies, Cadets, Crown, and others have done this occasionally over the years.

There are some examples of the opposite happening too haha. The Colts 2012 closer is one of my favorites. A drum major gets off his podium and plays an awesome solo. If you haven't seen it, you should. 

Edited by DawsonBurnes
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

There are some examples of the opposite happening too haha. The Colts 2012 closer is one of my favorites. A drum major gets off his podium and plays an awesome solo. If you haven't seen it, you should. 

hmm. yes.

Now wondering if Regiment '22 might try that while the battery passes the baton down the line doing finger twirls?

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

hmm. yes.

Now wondering if Regiment '22 might try that while the battery passes the baton down the line doing finger twirls?

Not sure about that. One wrong move and it might snap in half. Then they won't have a baton to take 10 minutes to pull out of the uniform!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Not sure about that. One wrong move and it might snap in half. Then they won't have a baton to take 10 minutes to pull out of the uniform!

I presumed wrongly that you would have considered, which instrument?

20 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I presumed wrongly that you would have considered, which instrument?

What do you mean? I'm a bit slow haha. Do you mean that you think I'm not going to try out for drum major/conductor? I'm totally going for it in the future. I'm too young as of now.