A New Documentary 'Contemporary Color' Hits Our Culture By Storm

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Not sure why it took so long for me to find out about this, seems like the marching arts organizations would have posted about/advertised it more.  Will have to give it a look.   

It was very well publicized and people were nuts about the end product.  Not sure how you missed it.

11 minutes ago, corpsband said:

It was very well publicized and people were nuts about the end product.  Not sure how you missed it.

I hadn't heard about it until about a week ago when I was talking to some other teachers, not sure how I missed it either.  

I knew it was being made but never knew it got released.  

8 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I hadn't heard about it until about a week ago when I was talking to some other teachers, not sure how I missed it either.  

I knew it was being made but never knew it got released.  

We talk about this being a "niche" activity -- and it still is -- but inroads are being made.  Artists from other genres are dipping a toe in the pool.  Kind of fun to see.  

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

I heard nothing about this...but I don't follow WGI anyway...but you'd think there would be some bleed through...When I read this I got a bit excited and surprised at the same time...

Edited by Liahona

39 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I heard nothing about this...but I don't follow WGI anyway...but you'd think there would be some bleed through...When I read this I got a bit excited and surprised at the same time...

I can't remember if DCI crossposted any of this.  But it was gigantic news in the colorguard world.

• Like 1

There was a lot of buzz about the show here in North Jersey.

My wife and I wanted to go,but couldn't get tickets.

People were hoping they'd come up with a tour or take it to Broadway.like BLAST.

The reviews in the papers out here were all pretty positive.

Problem is,its not playing in many theaters.

6 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I havent really weighed into this much, but I dont see this increasing too much interest into DCI.  Its a completely different type of performance, and yeah they use color guard, but I still just dont see how someone will look at it and go hmmm...lets see more about what color guard is.  Drum corps is a completely different animal in terms of layout and design.

All of this couldn't be more wrong.  It was a big deal for the entire marching arts world.  Anytime the "outside world" sees, understand, and appreciates some part of your "niche" it matters.  

As for DCI and WGI being "completely different" -- um. Ok.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

All of this couldn't be more wrong.  It was a big deal for the entire marching arts world.  Anytime the "outside world" sees, understand, and appreciates some part of your "niche" it matters.  

As for DCI and WGI being "completely different" -- um. Ok.  

You know,  i completely misunderstood this thread...*facepalms*