Mandarins 2017 - Inside the Ink

Hard to believe that show is forever in the history books never to be performed again......what a show.  Absolutely impeccable design and man they improved in every regard as a corps drastically this year.  If they were able to do that coming off of a 17th place season........what the hell are they gonna do coming off 13th place season next year?  Keep this design staff.  Keep this up.  I love seeing the rise of new voices to the elite ranks.  The Academy last year.  Mandarins this year.  Who's next?  But my favorite moments:

• That opening hit and the build into it is.......was amazing.  
  • PILLOW PEOPLE!  
  • Everything about the ballad.  
    • Color guard especially.
  • The whole drum feature from design to performance.  Fantastic.
  • That ending.......explosive.  

I'm dying to see what 2018 has in store for this corps.  

• Like 2

Anyone else realize Madison Scouts' finals score was lower than Madarins' final score? 

Madison Scouts in finals-85.25

Mandarins in semis-85.50

7 hours ago, 32RH said:

Anyone else realize Madison Scouts' finals score was lower than Madarins' final score? 

Madison Scouts in finals-85.25

Mandarins in semis-85.50

Isn't that somewhat normal, though? The 12th place corps' score dropping a little in finals?

Bravo, Mandarins!  What an amazing show.  Easily one of my 2 favorite shows of the year, along with BD.  Also one of my 3 favorite moments of the year with the Sound of Silence ballad and reprise in the closer (along with BD's & Boston's ballads)

Just a brilliant design and performed at a top 12 level - and the best Mandarins have ever been.  I SO wanted to see this show one more time.  So detailed and nuanced yet performed with so much emotion.  

Best wishes that this is only the START of something special for this corps.

Harvey

• Like 2