Phantom Regiment 2017

I was interested in what people were talking ab..........bye.

O.o

Yeah, I feel like the conversation about the future of Phantom's design has become totally derailed by people who are just angry with each other.

If you loved Phantom this year, and if you've loved them for the past five years, that's awesome. Personally, I've had mixed feelings about their shows over the past several years. They appeal to my tastes as someone who fell in love with DCI in the early-mid 2000s, but I feel like corps all around them are leaving them in the dust in terms of innovation. Objectively, that is not an approach that's working for them competitively. If you have been totally unhappy or underwhelmed by Phantom since 2010 or so, I get it. Their approach clearly isn't working for everyone.

All that said, if you love Phantom, or if you just flat-out hate what Phantom has become, being elitist about production design isn't going to help anything.

Posting about sources you have inside the corps is hilariously pointless. As this is all anonymous, I could say right now that I have a source with the Blue Devils that is undeniable, and he just told me that at some point next season, BD will have a pikachu running around the field for the entire 15 minutes. It's absolutely pointless. If you aren't prepared to tell us either who you are, or who your source is, don't expect people to take you seriously.

Phantom has work to do right now. No one can deny that after this past season. Arguing over who was right since 2010 is just petty.

Edited by FuriousSoundbyte
  • Like 4

If Phantom Regiment moves up 2 or 3 places by becoming esoteric and/ or confusing in music and themes, I want someone speared there. There, I said it ( tongue in cheek though it may be. )

Edited by BRASSO

Lets deal in facts...Phantom has been in reverse since 2008. The design team has produced an inferior product year after year after year. Who should take responsibility for that?

Apparently no one wants to hold anyone accountable especially the people who see the corps placement as being just fine to them.

Staying with the facts doesn't require anyone to quote another's view point or opinion on the staffs view of this past season. Results are all that matters. Results point to the real management issues.

• Like 1

Regiments needs to place higher because this career at the car wash just doesn’t provide enough meaning for me and I’m tired of them purposely putting inferior stuff on the field to spite me. I’m their biggest Phan and I saw them once and I love them so much…now can we talk about removing that restraining order so I can see them live again?

• Like 2

Lets deal in facts...Phantom has been in reverse since 2008. The design team has produced an inferior product year after year after year. Who should take responsibility for that?

Apparently no one wants to hold anyone accountable especially the people who see the corps placement as being just fine to them.

Staying with the facts doesn't require anyone to quote another's view point or opinion on the staffs view of this past season. Results are all that matters. Results point to the real management issues.

Um no. 2010,2011,2012 were not in reverse. Am I happy the corps finished in 8th place? No. Am I happy the corps stayed true to it's identity? You bet! I'm glad they didn't go the circus route that many of the corps that finished ahead of them did. If bucking the trend cost them X amount of places....so be it. I'm sure the tide will turn in their favor again.

• Like 3

So that's a no to Newer World Symphony?

How many people liked 2009? I feel like I am the only one. Granted, it didn't score well, and maybe coming off a championship show, it was a let down, but I quite liked that show. Since '12 I have not really been in love with what they have done, but that's just my thought.