Phantom Regiment 2017

corpsreps.com is a resource I use often.

Okay, so it does exist. Thanks for the response.

It doesn't have to diminish the brilliance of people here. But I least I don't need to assume that many of you have memorized the lat 70 years of drum corps repertoires.

I love the 1989 show except for that absurd ride cymbal part in the Largo movement. I've heard some defend it, and others say judges appreciated, but I just thought that it was out of place with the rest of the program. Had they done something to change all of New World up stylistically, and not just that moment, I think it would have been more effective, but to me it just came off as absurd.

It would be interesting to see them take on Marc Blitzsteins "Airborne Symphony." I've only seen it performed by Seattle Cascades in 2005, and it is quite wonderful.

I loved that Cascades show. Would be great for Regiment, after, of course they do Janacek's "Sinfonietta", my annual demand.....er.....request..

Agree on Largo....sounded like a Neil Hefti-ish chart. The band I write for is doing New World this year, and as I do both wind and percussion....NO cymbal ride. :tounge2:

Thanks. Like it alot as I listened. But imagined it more from Bloo given the trombone parts used.

Very doable on the field with some great creative arranging and perhaps Klesch-like emphasizing parts of the score, repeating some bars, and omitting others, intriguing voicings. Oh the possibilities and colors..

Very easy to imagine Klesch arranging this, as he did so for the 2009 Crown show (albeit a snippet).

I thought for Veterans Day (originally called Armistice Day for the signing of the treaty which ended WWI) Regiment phriends and phans might enjoy these photos of WWI French battlefields as they looked then and now. Included among the photos are the scenes from the Christmas football game and episodes which inspired the Hymn of Fraternity/I'm Dreaming of Home (Rombie) so beautifully played this summer as a ballad.

Edited by xandandl

Phantom has updated their website staff listing based on new announcements.

When they announced that Wes Cartwright was joining, they also announced that Mark Moreno would be joining him as part of the visual team. There was some discussion here on DCP as to whether he was the drill writer.

Mark Moreno doesn't appear as part of the new staff listing. I wonder if he's still going to be with Phantom.

Edited by Fish

I thought for Veterans Day (originally called Armistice Day for the signing of the treaty which ended WWI) Regiment phriends and phans might enjoy these photos of WWI French battlefields as they looked then and now. Included among the photos are the scenes from the Christmas football game and episodes which inspired the Hymn of Fraternity/I'm Dreaming of Home (Rombie) so beautifully played this summer as a ballad.

It's still referred to as Armistice Day in the UK. The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

That football (soccer) game you mentioned also inspired Paul McCartney's "Play the Pipes of Peace" so not all good...

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

Phantom has updated their website staff listing based on new announcements.

When they announced that Wes Cartwright was joining, they also announced that Mark Moreno would be joining him as part of the visual team. There was some discussion here on DCP as to whether he was the drill writer.

Mark Moreno doesn't appear as part of the new staff listing. I wonder if he's still going to be with Phantom.

He's listed as of today.

Also, any idea what role William Petersen and Dwight Emmert will play? His bio lists Petersen as a former program coordinator from 99-01 (something like 2000 please).

Edited by kdaddy

He's listed as of today.

Also, any idea what role William Petersen and Dwight Emmert will play? His bio lists Petersen as a former program coordinator from 99-01 (something like 2000 please).

Bill was also the brass caption head in 94. (93 too, I think, but I didn't march that summer so I could be wrong.) He also was responsible for giving the baritone line the "Buick" nickname as well. :)

Bill was also the brass caption head in 94. (93 too, I think, but I didn't march that summer so I could be wrong.) He also was responsible for giving the baritone line the "Buick" nickname as well. :)

Ah, so his role on the design staff is "Section Nickname Coordinator." :)