Phantom Regiment 2017

1 hour ago, phd-student-TTU said:

His magic 8 ball. 

Forgive them. They have an opinion that is different than yours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Forgive them. They have an opinion that is different than yours.

Well said. (And the eight ball might be more accurate than some posters here!!) 

It seems that some folks are just throwing buckets of cold water everywhere!

If a poster wants to make an argument from facts, they are free to do so.

If a poster wants to just hype a corps,  they are ALSO free to so..

I personally feel PR may indeed improve this season.  My reasons :  Cartwright+Moreno+Pitts.  

• Like 5

Just now, corpsband said:

Well said. (And the eight ball might be more accurate than some posters here!!) 

It seems that some folks are just throwing buckets of cold water everywhere!

If a poster wants to make an argument from facts, they are free to do so.

If a poster wants to just hype a corps,  they are ALSO free to so..

I personally feel PR may indeed improve this season.  My reasons :  Cartwright+Moreno+Pitts.  

While I wasn't a huge fan of Cartwright this fall there is no denying his work over decades.  I'm excited to see what he can bring to them.  He seems like someone who is VERY precise in achieving his vision of a show. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

While I wasn't a huge fan of Cartwright this fall there is no denying his work over decades.  I'm excited to see what he can bring to them.  He seems like someone who is VERY precise in achieving his vision of a show. 

Vision is exactly the right word.   No doubt that DCI is a different world -- but I'm excited to see what he brings (just like I'm excited to see what Bobby Jones will bring at Cadets).  

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Vision is exactly the right word.   No doubt that DCI is different world -- but I'm excited to see what he brings (just like I'm excited to see what Bobby Jones will bring at Cadets).  

I dont want to turn this into a BOA thread, but it seemed like Cartwright's work this past fall (Harrison, Dobyns Bennett, LD Bell, William Mason, etc...) all kind of had a very similar style- large guards, big moves and lots of flags.  It all blurs together.  You can definitely tell its his work, which is cool; Its good that he has an identity, but I dont like that he spreads it over the entirity of BOA (Which is my theory on why Broken Arrow might have let him go last fall).   He is a good addition to the Phantom staff, but Im afraid that he will just transition his work over. Im afraid he won't give Phantom's Guard a new, unique identity, which in my opinion is something Phantom needs right now.

12 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

I dont want to turn this into a BOA thread, but it seemed like Cartwright's work this past fall (Harrison, Dobyns Bennett, LD Bell, William Mason, etc...) all kind of had a very similar style- large guards, big moves and lots of flags.  It all blurs together.  You can definitely tell its his work, which is cool; Its good that he has an identity, but I dont like that he spreads it over the entirity of BOA (Which is my theory on why Broken Arrow might have let him go last fall).   He is a good addition to the Phantom staff, but Im afraid that he will just transition his work over. Im afraid he won't give Phantom's Guard a new, unique identity, which in my opinion is something Phantom needs right now.

Well since he's only designing for one corps,  I don't think "making all his corps look the same" is gonna be an issue.

I don't know what he'll bring.  Clearly DCI is not high school marching band. Expectation are higher.  BUT your resources are quite different as well.  You can do things at this level that you just couldn't do with a HS program.  Like I said -- it will be fun to watch what he brings.

Edited by corpsband

Just now, corpsband said:

Well since he's only designing for one corps,  I don't think "making all his corps look the same" is gonna be an issue.

I don't know what he'll bring.  Clearly DCI is not high school marching band. Expectation are higher.  BUT your resources are quite different as well.  You can do thing at this level that you just couldn't do with a HS program.  Like I said -- it will be fun to watch what he brings.

I am ABSOLUTELY not doubting the exciting things he'll bring.  I am just afraid we will see the same stuff that Drummantx, me and the other people on this forum that contribute to the BOA community see from him every year.  Which honestly is pretty impressive- most of the time.  I just don't want Phantom to be below BK again, which is something that I dont exactly enjoy:dry: